US Hostage, Paul Johnson, Beheaded

by DevonMcBride 178 Replies latest social current

• DevonMcBride
    DevonMcBride

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/06/18/saudi.kidnap/index.html

Report: U.S. hostage beheaded

Al Arabiya says new video shows killing

Friday, June 18, 2004 Posted: 1:38 PM EDT (1738 GMT)

alt

(CNN) -- An Arabic TV news network said Friday that American hostage Paul Johnson Jr. has been beheaded by his Saudi captors.

Al Arabiya said its bureau chief had been shown the video of the killing.

Earlier Friday, Al Arabiya had aired an emotional statement from the wife of Johnson.

Johnson's wife, Noom, who is Thai, said she hoped the Saudi government "can help my husband."

U.S. and Saudi investigators concluded an intensive meeting Friday, Saudi officials said, as security forces spread all over the kingdom searching for Johnson.

Johnson, 49, a Lockheed Martin Corp. employee, had been kidnapped Saturday in the Saudi capital of Riyadh. He helped maintain U.S.-built Apache helicopter gunships for the Saudi military.

Johnson's captors had threatened to kill him by Friday unless the Saudi government releases al Qaeda prisoners and Westerners leave the Arabian Peninsula.

Abdel Aziz al-Muqrin , the self-proclaimed military leader of al Qaeda in Saudi Arabia, claimed responsibility for Johnson's kidnapping and the death of another American on the same day on behalf of a group called the Al Falluja Squadron, which says it has ties to al Qaeda.

The State Department has urged all Americans to leave Saudi Arabia, but Johnson's sister, Donna Mayeux, said her brother "always felt safe in Saudi Arabia."

"My brother is an honorable man," she said. "He has always treated people with dignity and respect."

Very sad

Devon

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

I am in shock. I thought that this was about Nick Berg, and yet it is someone else...I am sick, just sick...

• Double Edge
  • kls
    kls

Oh no not again. How do they feel they are helping their people by killing innocent people .

• avishai
    avishai

GO to afghanistan, find bin laden, and slowly over several days, let people watch him with no diyalisis.

• franklin J
    franklin J

this killing will only have negative results for Saudi Arabia; the middle east and the entire Iraq situation as Americans and the American government will demand; and will recieve , retribution.

this may be the match that ignites that powder keg on the other side of the world....

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Horrible

• minimus
    minimus

I'm sure someone will blame it on Bush.

• SwordOfJah
    SwordOfJah

Yes, this is a horrible crime. It's simply amazing what demonic human beings are capable of.

According to some, a crime of this nature is necessary, read his idiotic comments in the following thread: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/73677/1.ashx

• avishai
    avishai
    It's simply amazing what demonic human beings are capable of.

I thought thats what demons made people do?

Sword, that's not what the peeson on the other thread was referring to. Geez

read his idiotic comments in the following thread
    He does'nt have a corner on ididotic posts. People in glass houses......

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit