8th Annual South Lake Tahoe Apostafest! Make your plans soon! July 10th-12th

by flipper 270 Replies latest members meetups

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

The only thing that stood in my way was my wife's fear of you mentally diseased apostates..........

Nah, just kidding. I think it's was that mistrust of everything that you develop as a JW. You can't trust the government. You can't trust "worldly people". You remember how that was. The fear of being caught in someone's picture and someone recognizing you, etc etc.

Like a loyal Cubs fan................maybe next year.

Doc

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I don't want to sound defeated by the travel, but we had the top down all the way across Nevada and Utah desert roads except for the rain portion, but that Kansas farmland along I-70 got up to 101 degrees and we had to button up and go with air conditioning. I am not complaining about the heat, as the past two winters were brutally cold in Chicago. I was just expecting this type of weather sooner on the road and was pleasantly surprised, until today. Stopping for sights was just out of the question, and there weren't too many anyway. No near misses with animals today, either.
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen
    @DOC, Mrs Doc would be shocked at how normal everyone is. Absolutely nothing weird or scary to a dub went on. The whole thing is about support, healing and love. I know , stuff JW's are not familiar with. Please don't hesitate to come next year . I know you won't be disappointed!
  • cha ching
    cha ching
    Dear DOC, like 3rdgen hinted: you totally won't be disappointed! Some people were antsy and pressured by their outside family/ work/ obligations, but were relieved at all the "normal-ness", the camaraderie, the understanding, the empathy..... and were surprised at all the connections we had. We took pics and pics were taken of us, and NO one posted any of us. EVERYone understands! Who else would know better? This was our first trip up there, a bit timid at first, but so empowered, so thankful, that next year we will bring our tent, tent heater, camping stove, BBQ stuff.... bikes, kayaks, all that stuff! Beautiful trees, beautiful rocks, bike trails, long beaches and BEAUTIFUL FRIENDS! My husband might even bring his generator so that everyone can charge their cell phones, and do a rotisserie chicken! (daydreaming) lol! We are definitely planning way ahead this year!
  • DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

3rdGen & ChaChing: I hear ya!

Baby steps. Baby steps.

Doc

• RayPublisher
    RayPublisher

Fantastic event as always! Thanks Flipper and all you other great peeps we had a great time!

And Lake Tahoe is without a doubt one of the prettiest places I have ever been.

See you next year.

• nomorekoolaid
    nomorekoolaid

Thanks Mr Flipper for all your hard work, blindnomore and I had a great time. Thanks too to all you mentally diseased fellow apostates for your encouraging stories and comments. See you all next year.

• nomorekoolaid
    nomorekoolaid

https://www.facebook.com/dave.w.gracey/videos/o.557127084422150/10204030134665134/?type=2&theater

Mr Flipper here is the video of you and your son singing It's a Criminal Organization. This is a private Northern Utah Ex JW facebook page, so no worries about public viewing.

• flipper
    flipper

Hey Ray & No More Kool Aid and everybody else- thanks for coming ! It was really a wonderful time in which everybody had a great time.

NO MORE KOOL AID- Thanks for the picture and the link to the music playing - although I think your link is so private it won't open up ! LOL ! At least I can't get it to open up. It says it expired or was removed on the link you set up. LOL. So I don't know - you may want to check it out . Thanks for your efforts I appreciate it

• flipper
    flipper

Wanted to bump this up for anybody who missed seeing all the great pictures people took at the Tahoe apostafest ! Thanks again to everybody who came it was a beautiful time with people reconnecting and sharing REAL love and empathy together. It's not often in this life that you can be with people who tell you that " they understand what you're going through " - but in this case of ex-JW's getting together that statement REALLY holds true to form- people attending this weekend and other like fests really DO understand what we each go through. And that 's why I think these meetups are so important, so valuable - we get to support others and at the same time BE supported ourselves.

Also a big thank you and shout out to On The Way Out & Zed is Dead for making the long trip out from back east as well as No More Kool Aid & Blindnomore from east of here. Really appreciated and enjoyed seeing you guys after a long journey. I know traveling many miles can be murder on the body- but you folks were troopers ! Same can be said of our Oregon friends and so-Cal friends. Thanks for coming ! Loved seeing you all !

Another side note to On The Way Out- thanks for supplying ALL the beautiful pictures of your journey out here with Zed onto the thread ! It really was an enjoyable time seeing the pretty sights you guys saw and I'm sure everybody here kind of felt like we were on the trip with you guys seeing these sights ! So thanks again.

We'll do it again next year folks ! Plans will be in effect within a couple weeks here and I'll post another thread hopefully by the end of the month ! Have to get paid from some of my customers first so me and a few others I call can plunk some green down and reserve at least 6 campgrounds for next year the weekend after July 4th. Take care, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit