This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• nowisee
    nowisee

dansk, i have missed you.

as one from across the pond i hope my terminology is correct when i say, "keep your pecker up!!"

so many good wishes, nowisee

(hugs to mouthy)

• Mulan
    Mulan
    as one from across the pond i hope my terminology is correct when i say, "keep your pecker up!!"

Ah, the fond memories of the Brits at the Halloween Freedom Fest. We learned what that actually means over there, so it seems an appropriate thing to say to Ian.

Over here....................ahm, NO.

• Insomniac
    Insomniac

Dansk, hang in there, buddy. Please take care of yourself, get lots of rest, and beat this thing quickly.

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

Ian is the only person from the board I ever met up with. I never told you this mate but I was really quite nervous coming up to see you - I'd never actually met a rabid apostate before! I don't pray much anymore so just know that you and Claire are in my thoughts.

All the best pal,

Nic'

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dear EVERYONE,

Thank you for your sincere and incredibly upbuilding messages. They have and ARE doing me the world of good.

The worst thing for me at this very moment is not knowing what is happening. Hopefully, I'll know more this week and any treatment I need can get underway. I truly appreciate all your kind thoughts and prayers that ebb my way constantly. I believe they really do help, no matter what one's religious belief.

I have moments, which are rare thankfully, when I feel low. My trouble is that I'm too much of a thinker. Working from home, unless I keep myself busy, could compound the problem. Fortunately, I read upbuilding books, wrestle with my two dogs, go for runs (walks of late) with my younger son and generally try to keep occupied. Two evenings a week I'm out with friends. I don't particularly like television.

I still feel very well, the lumps on my chest and under my arm the only indications that something is amiss. And do you know what, vegetarian dishes can be so tasty that one doesn't even think of meat. That's a tribute to Claire, who's been an absolute gem through all of this. Claire is really looking after me and once again I realise how fortunate I am in having such a wonderful wife.

I'm grateful that my family here - YOU LOT!! - have rallied round, which you always do. Christianity, true love or whatever you want to call it is right here. I'm so glad I met you guys!

Thanks a million.

With my pecker up

Love,

Ian

• Been there
    Been there

Best wishes and prayers go out to you and all who love you Ian.

Take care and stay positive.

• mouthy
    mouthy

So good to know your feeling fine ....

Yes! behind every good man is a good woman.... Thats why your a great pair.

I have no man in front of me ( wink,wink.---so that means I must be extra good(SMILE) no comment from the peanut gallery!!!!

Your in my prayers morning, noon & night.... Love you both.

Did you tell the girls yet? Let me know when you do.I think it may be a wake up call for them (((HUG))

• Soledad
    Soledad

my thoughts and prayers are with you Dansk

nice to see you in good spirits

many hugs

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

The man who got me to open up and share my intimate story of my exit from the Borg., geez...I'm practically speechless, if that is in anyway possible by mere words.

Keeping positive thoughts headed in Ian & Claire's direction.

Dansk, my story that has been posted on-line; your name is there thanking you for encouraging me to write it.

It brought me many e-mails, and it brought me back my former JW friend from 20 years ago. Who'd've thought?

But right now, the focus will be upon you and your family.

The medical field has come very far in the last few years. Cancer, and it's related afflictions are effectively dealt with and there's excellent therapies at hand. I'm confident you'll nip this one in the bud.

Take care Ian & Claire, and boys. (pets included)

Warmest thoughts & wishes,
    Ray

• LyinEyes

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit