This is about out beloved Dansk

by mouthy 606 Replies latest jw experiences

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

((((Ian))))

What a treat to talk to you yesterday morning. It sure did set my day off to a good note. And I do love your accent! Beautiful! I catch myself attempting to talk with your accent and making myself giggle. Mixed with my southern accent it's actually pretty entertaining. I'm sure someone would be confused by my location to hear me. But it was really wonderful being able to hear your voice. And it was so funny to hear you say at the end of the conversation, "Andi, you have a lovely independence day now." My weekend was made by talking to an Englishman and he was wishing ME a happy independence day from England. LOL! Perhaps it just tickled me wrong, but it was terrifically funny to me.

Funny thing you said you got a juicer. We have a couple and when I'm feeling very convicted about eating healthy, it's something that is so wonderful to use. Neil and I had fresh squeezed orange juice right after I phoned you. As I sat enjoying it, I was thinking of purchasing you one and sending it to you. I'm glad to know you've already got your hands on one. I think I might have a recipe or two to share with you. Celery and apple juice is a great hydrater for when you're working out/exercising. Something about the natural salts in the celery keep the body from lactic acid build-up. Carrot and orange juice is one of my favorites - amazingly sweet. Strawberry and orange juice is another good one. It's very pretty too! LOL! Mix it with some ice cubs and soy milk and you've got yourself a yummy dessert too.

Today at bible study, I hope you don't mind I announced your illness to our class. (There are only about 25 people there, so it's not the whole congregation, which has about 2,000 total.) I asked them to pray for you to be healed. Not just for you to cope, or for things to get better, but to boldly ask that God physically remove the cancer from your body. I do believe that He listens to prayers as such. There are many times I just ask for "God's will to be done" in my prayers. But this seems so different to me. You are a gift to our world Ian. It is much to soon to lose you, so I cannot help but be bold in my prayers for you. I also wrote a special note to our pastor asking him to personally pray for you and Claire and the children too. I know you said you don't mind, but there are MANY people with your name on their lips today.

Love,

Andi

• Alleymom
    Alleymom

btt

• shotgun
    shotgun

Ian

I see SP K has sent this to you

The next time you feel a nice comforting breeze while sitting outside.. that's from me, Ian.

She done that for me too, all I can say is strike a match to kill the smell and say thankyou with a crooked smile.

Above all else keep that positive spirit and great sense of humour Ian.

Have you procured the tea yet? I was wondering what effects it would have on people who do not have cancer, beneficial or not?

BTW..I hope you make it E-man's bbq, I'm sure those ruddybalmpots will perk you up, or vice versa!

• Dansk
    Dansk

Andi,

Today at bible study, I hope you don't mind I announced your illness to our class. (There are only about 25 people there, so it's not the whole congregation, which has about 2,000 total.) I asked them to pray for you to be healed.

I don?t mind at all. I believe prayers and vibes really do help and I thank you and your class for helping me to heal that way.

Shotgun,

Have you procured the tea yet? I was wondering what effects it would have on people who do not have cancer, beneficial or not?

The tea arrived this morning and I?m waiting for Claire to arrive home from work to see how best to go about making it. Could end up with gallons of the stuff!

Marjorie,

You have a pm. You?re wonderful!!

Yesterday was a bad day for me. I was down and my tumours swelled up and made me ache. Here?s why:

I had booked an appointment with what I assumed was a homeopath. The lady is a qualified doctor but has now set up a clinic in holistic therapies. On the (UK) Society of Homeopaths' website it mentions homeopathy being an holistic practice. I therefore thought this lady was practising homeopathy.

The Dr. turned out to be, not a homeopath, but someone who works with crystals (crystal healing). Now, I have no experience in this form of alternative therapy but I just didn't feel it was for me. One must have a strong belief in the power of the crystals to receive any cure - and I'm afraid I just did not have that belief.

The drive home was not a pleasant one as I continually dwelt on how stupid I was. I could literally feel myself going into a depression - not good at any time, but even worse if you have cancer.

The rest of the afternoon and evening I was in a melancholy mood and the tension made my tumours swell. Nothing would help bring me out of my dark mood. Claire did her best and even when a friend and relatives popped round unannounced, to whom I put on a show of being ok, I still felt dead inside.

I had obviously built my hopes up too high on the "homeopathy". To find it wasn't even homeopathy was an even bigger blow. However, I'm feeling much better now and I've learnt from the experience. THAT'S the most important thing!

I have a regimen which really does make me feel better. I should have stuck to it and not allowed myself to become so down.

Claire and I had a big hug and cry last night. I don't want to leave her! I feel a big sop and I'm choked - but I hope what I write here may be of help to others. Hopefully, in my LONG lifetime.

Some good news: my younger daughter, Stephanie, telephoned and is coming over with Claire?s sister and her husband tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love to all,

Ian

x

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

Hello Ian,

It is great that you are sharing your lows and highs with us here, and I am glad to hear that you have a strategy for healing.

I really hope you have a happy time this evening with Stephanie and the rest of your family.

Also, special thoughts and wishes to Claire.

Love,

Rachel xx

• Joe Bloggs
    Joe Bloggs

Hi Ian,

Great news about Stephanie coming over to visit this evening - could just be the boost you need at the moment after the post-crystal depression! Are you still going to try homeopathy? The Society of Homeopaths usually has a list of qualified practitioners in a box under "homeopaths" in Yellow Pages. Worth a try, if you haven't found them already.

Hope you are feeling better today than you were yesterday. I was interested that you mentioned the tumours swelled when you were feeling depressed. So, could the opposite emotional feelings do the opposite to the cancer? Hope so. And I hope it all goes well this evening, Ian. I know it means a tremendous amount to you and Claire.

Love to you all!

Joe

• Dansk
    Dansk

Joe

could the opposite emotional feelings do the opposite to the cancer?

Good point! I strongly believe that they can! That's one reason I've no time for pessimists. I keep them well away. It's important not to get stressed.

Ian

• Mulan
    Mulan

Wonderful news about Stephanie. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

• calamityjane
    calamityjane

That is such great news about Stephanie. I hope it goes well tonight.

Sending positive thoughts to you to shrink those nasty tumours.

cj

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Some good news: my younger daughter, Stephanie, telephoned and is coming over with Claire?s sister and her husband tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's funny how things just seem to come out of the blue, isn't it? When you can't change things and finally accept them and go on with your life----wham!----you get a phone call (or a visit) that you NEVER expected!

I am SO pleased for you (and your family) that this step is being taken. Word of caution: Do NOT climb up onto the roof to try and see how soon you can see them approaching in the distance!

hugs always,

Annie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit