Most hated WT publication

by Nosferatu 86 Replies latest jw friends

• myauntfanny
    myauntfanny

The daily textbook, definitely. There'd be all those stories about terrible tortures of people in other countries and Texas, and I would go to school with a stomach ache.

• Undaunted Danny
    Undaunted Danny

As an ADULT The; Revelation Climax Book

Zero Hour for all the intricate and interwoven 'profitcy$' is the bogus 1914 anachronistic alchemy mutated math.

This means the "Climax' book is 95% lies.

As a CHILD the Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained

No books from crooks".

Childhood impressions, my first nightmares.

Childhood impressions and Crayola crayons, peanut butter, Vicks Vapo-Rub, Play Dough.

All these scents instill a sort of cognitive aroma.

My first 'teething' book, was the "Paradise Lost to Paradise Regained"

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/2919/night.html

An apocalyptic primer. To instill a child with "detox Joe's" end of the world vision. The Armageddon nightmare spectacle at the end of the book, burned into a child's psyche, the horrific scene of the little girl falling into the abyss.

All the wicked people who will perish, unless I go door-to-door and save them all. My first life impressions, trying to sit still through two hours of cult indoctrination, I better behave or Jehovah won't like me, and as a guiding reinforcement.....

MEETINGS MEANT BEATINGS.

[Final note the WT$'s "Paradise book", was released the year of my birth.I literally cut my baby teeth on !!! I still remember the smell of the bookbinding glue,it smelled like peppermint.It probably had toxic lead in it too]

• astridkittie
    astridkittie

I would definately say Young People Ask... I got that stupid book thrown at me SO many times during my early teenage years! :P And all it ever did was cause me misery...

Next would have to be the Revelation book... did anyone really understand that crap? LOL, I remember I used to think the reason why I couldn't understand it was because I wasn't deep or smart enough.

• Nocturne
    Nocturne

I would have to say it's a tie, between Young People Ask, and the daily text. I hated both of those, and considered them to be absolute torture.

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

I think the title was that "Babylon" book.....a fat maroon book that was soooo hard to understand, let alone answer at the book study!

My next most hated book was the "united in Pure Worship" book, that dark blue one that had to be finished by our "studies" before baptism. We went through that sucker at LEAST twice....

Maybe (for ME anyway) this topic should have read "What publication did you enjoy the most?"....but then it would have gone to Topic Heaven without one reply......

hugs,
    Annie

• kilroy2
    kilroy2

For me it is the "Your Will Be Done On Earth"
    Pages 321 to 323 talk about how the earth is getting bombarded 
    with cosmic rays and god could use these to change mens minds
    and make them do his will at the end times.
    other passages talk about how when the bible talk about the 
    heavens being shaken was in 51 when the russians launched sputnic
    and the heavens were shaken with the intrusion of man
    and lots of other clap-trap, it reads like a bad georg orwell book
  • sonofapreacherman
    sonofapreacherman

I remember squirming as my dad went red reading the description of wet dreams that the authors of the Youth Book were too embarrassed to detail themselves, so they wrote it in the voice of an Israelite father telling his son that he would one day wake up to discover a discharge somewhat denser than water.

• sonofapreacherman
    sonofapreacherman

I remember squirming as my dad went red reading the description of wet dreams that the authors of the Youth Book were too embarrassed to detail themselves, so they wrote it in the voice of an Israelite father telling his son that he would one day wake up to discover a discharge somewhat denser than water.

I also really hated the daily text.

<<All these scents instil a sort of cognitive aroma. >>

Whenever I peruse this board I find myself smelling that musty newsprinty smell of the literature counter.

Great thread Nosferatu.

• freelife
    freelife

i think my most hated was the Revalation book it is the most boring book that i think i have ever read. I would rather beat my head with a brick than ever read that book again. But i do have to admit they get a A for creative writing.

• Ex Dub MS
    Ex Dub MS

You know what's worse than attending a Book Study from the Revelation or Isaiah books?

Actually being able to follow the trail of thought and conducting a Book Study for 20 folks who don't a rip.

"Okay, who remembers what King Ahaz did in Chapter 3? Anybody give a (bleeeeeeeep)?"

*bangs head against wall*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit