Most hated WT publication

by Nosferatu 86 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

What is the WT publication you hated the most? Why did you hate it? For me, it was probably that damn pink Great Teacher book. Whenever I was in trouble, that book would come out (after a beating). Most read chapter was "Obedience Protects You".

• Nina
    Nina

The day texts...an Organized attempt to create something out of nothing.

Nina

• galaxy7
    galaxy7

The article that bothered me the most was when they said if you work in a doctors office you must report to the elders

If a brother or sister comes to the doctor with a (questionable) problem.

That really scared me

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Nos, you and my kids have something in common! My ex would beat them then give them a "study" outta that book!

I would have to say the NWTranslation

• blondie
    blondie

The Isaiah Prophecy books, 1 and 2. 1919, 1919, 1919, 1919, ad nauseum.

Blondie

• ColdRedRain
    ColdRedRain

Mankind's search for god or the Evolution book, or for any matter, any WT book that the WT presents as "advanced study." You think it's going to give you an insightful point but all it does is repeat the mantra "We're so different from 'false' religion" matra instead of actually educating a person about Christian dogma.

• desib77
    desib77

Young People Ask.....

Those weren't the questions young people were asking....................

Desi

• Mary
    Mary

Oh Lordy, it's a tough pick but I'd have to say the absolute worse book they ever published was Babylon the Great Has Fallen! God's Kingdom Rules.

Just the sight of this book when I was a youngun made me feel nauseated and give me a headache---I'm not kidding. Years ago before they started outlining what pages you covered at the Book Study, each conductor simply did it at his own pace. Unfortunately, our conductor was in La-La-Land and he spoke reeeeeeeal slow, very methodical and was absolutely THE most boring person ever born. We would cover an average of 3 or 4 paragraphs in one hour as he droned on and on and on and on...........real interesting stuff for a 10-year old eh?

I would look outside during the study and see everyone else my age playing street hockey or riding their bikes and I just wanted to cry and scream in frustration.

The other one that wasn't quite as boring, but was far more embarassing is the Revelation, It's Grand Climax. More confusing that the Book of Revalation itself.

• Stefanie
    Stefanie

Also the family book.

• FirstInLine
    FirstInLine

I have never read the Great Teacher Book, that is how much I hated it. I saw it as "The Great Law Giving Prick" book. That was the view I had for several years. I should read it to see if their portrayal is as skewed as I wouold expect;

Young people ask. Yes, that is another truly retarded one. Gotta love that chapter on masturbation. Like someone is going to ask permission you yank off.

I would say my most hated though is Watchtower and Awake. Just about any one of them. They all have these loaded and leading questions that insult your intelligence to degrees a good defense lawyer can only dream of.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit