Most hated WT publication

by Nosferatu 86 Replies latest jw friends

• tazmaniac
    tazmaniac

Has to be a tie between the blood brochure or the Revelation. I remember announcing at the bbok study that we were going thru the revelation book again. They just sat there waiting for me to crack a smirk or laugh thinking it was a joke. Once they realized it was what we were going to be studying AGAIN they just sat there in a daze. (kinda like the study in the Revelation book itself).

• razorMind
    razorMind

That SHIT-HELLDAMNATORY School Brochure. God, how I hated that brochure.

• Serai
    Serai

For me is has to be the songbooks, my god what an ear rending cascade of soul destroying shite those songs were, especially that song with the word efficacious in it, made me want to smash my head on the wall or drive nails through my eardrums!!!

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

The Revelation Climax book was really bad. I understand even some of the GB members think it's ridiculous.

Surprised about the reference to Commentary on James. I've always thought it's one of the best publications the organization has written.

• PopeOfEruke
    PopeOfEruke

I thought Ray Franz wrote the book "Commentary on James"? It was a good one, you could tell someone with more than half a brain had written it.

Pope

• Sunspot
    Sunspot

**Surprised about the reference to Commentary on James. I've always thought it's one of the best publications the organization has written.**

Yup, I thought so too. The "other" book I actually enjoyed was the "Mankind's Search for God"...or whatever it was...about the different religions of the world. The only two books that I opened up to read because I *wanted* to, not because I had to "study it. TWO books in 30 years....whoa!

hugs,

Annie

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Definitately "Baliban The Blurb Has Fallen, Fahd's Kingdom Fools" and "Pair O Dice Lost, Pair O Dice Defamed." I don't know about the other books.. or videos.. or pamphlets... all that high tech stuff came along after I left.

Country <take 2> Girl

• imallgrowedup
    imallgrowedup

No doubt about it -

The NWT

growedup

• Farkel
    Farkel

: I thought Ray Franz wrote the book "Commentary on James"? It was a good one, you could tell someone with more than half a brain had written it.

It was Ed Dunlap, but you're correct about it being written by a very intelligent person. Like Ray, Dunlap was yet another one of those human gems the WTS ruined.

Farkel

• Farkel
    Farkel

Certainly the Babylon Grape and Grand Climax belong in the top five. But the sappiest, most inane, most stupid and most condescending books the society has ever printed was Rutherford's book "Children." One cannot get two pages into that book without throwing up. Along the same lines was the first revisionist Watchtower history book, the 1959 classic "Dubs in the Divine Circus." The whole book (besides being full of lie after lie) consists of a series of "Bible studies" between a dub couple and an interested couple. I'm getting nauseous just thinking about it. Can you imagine a normal worldly husband and wife asking giddy questions and really ENJOYING another couple tell them about Watchtower history?

I haven't read any of the society's latest books, though. Don't want to get an ulcer.

Farkel

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit