Most hated WT publication

by Nosferatu 86 Replies latest jw friends

• ChrisVance
    ChrisVance

All scripture inspired of god and beneficial

Not only is it extremely boring, but we must have gone over 18 times while I was a dub. It was usually the basis for the instruction talk. How do we know the bible's inspired. Because it says so silly.

• shera
    shera

All scripture is inspired of God

Boring....

There were other books,think it was orange,can't remember.I had so many books and I couldn't even read them.

• nobody told me
    nobody told me

The Big Green book--released 1994,5? that traces the hIstory of the watchtower. Boring and full of crappola. Forgot the name.

• new light
    new light

1. "What God Requires of Us" --------- brochure

This was also known as the "require" brochure----the standard beginners' study. Written at a 3rd grade level, both embarrassing and nauseating to read. Lots and lots of JW-type pictures, especially J.C. on the stake. Lots of 3 and 4 word sentences. Quite effective as it could be understood by anyone with a pulse, important considering the level of brain-death necessary to voluntarily become a JW.

2. The "Proclaimers" book.

The history of WTS as written by WTS, an organization not known for its honesty. Paints that nice, white washed picture that everything was, is, and will be hunky-dory. A few past mistakes are mentioned, but instead of apologizing the society somehow uses them as examples of god's blessing.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief

I was horrified by the Daniel book - it was the publication that hastened my exit.

1919, 1919, 1919.

All right, just PRETEND that Daniel was inspired and is a sacred part of the Holy Canon. Do the Borgmasters even realize how arrogant and presumptuous it is on their part to assume that it applies to THEM in 1919? Like it really mattered SO much that eight guys got let out of a white collar resort prison that God had an entire nation enslaved, and then released seventy years later.

It's a little backwards, don't you think? why create havoc on such a large scale to foreshadow such a small fulfillment?

I liked some of the pictures, I thought some of the accounts were well documented and put together. It was when they got into interpreting the prophecies that they disgusted me and made me throw the book against the wall and say, "Screw it, I don't need this."

CZAR

• cab1000
    cab1000

The Worship book wins for me. I can recall our family study, usually the night of the book study, and the assignment would be a few paragraphs, and one of those bold scripture point-proving parts. There was soo many scriptures, it would take forever to look up and read them all, as a family. (TV was already banned on tuesday/thursday anyway). That book was just painfully boring. Then, to really make it stink, we had bookstudy at our house, and sometimes just one or two elderly sisters would show up, and we would have to sit through all that crap again. Man, I hated that.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The latest Isaiah books. I believe I lost it during the second Isaiah book and it was the last book I ever studied--it was such a snoozer. It was such uninteresting poorly written nonsense. I tried studying the thing and digging around for some interesting points to bring out, but it was like digging through concrete. Our book study conductor just about fell asleep every week conducting the study--he really had nothing to say--so we sloooowwwlllllyyyy read each scriptures--sometimes he would try to make a comparison from the ancient times to the modern times, I remember a comment about not being late for the meetings in relation to something in the days of ancient Israel. It was just pathetic...

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

The last WT video I ever watched was one that came out a couple of years ago called "warning examples for our times." The was actually rather well done for a WT video ( but the content was horrible-- the Phinehaus story where he drove the tent peg through the man and the woman with screaming and all. It rather horrified me and especially when it was annouced that parents should have their children watch this video over and over again. One brother said that he felt that the only videos we should ever watch are the ones from the Org and the only ones we should let our children watch also. Anyway, I hated the above video as the story in it was used as an example to me by an elder when he told me that this is how Jehovah feels towards my daughter (the tent peg groin thing). That horrified me even more.

• duckie
    duckie

I don't know if I really hate it but the revelation book, I remember we were studying it AGAIN in book study when there was bit that tried to explain a scripture, something about sun and moon and stars or celestial things and the revelation book attributed satellites and space junk to that scripture!

I remember thinking "you have got to be kidding"! It was from then I started to question things, so I don't know if I really hate it, it "set me free" so to speak! But I sure did hate book study and meetings and field service.

DUO

• Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.
    Holey_Cheeses*King_of_the juice.

Just as the information contained within the books is just a foogy memory, so are most of the titles, but two that stick in my mind are "Life Everlasting and Freedom of The Sons of God" and "Commentary on James" or words to that effect. Two shockers - but then again, they were all mind warping shit that made no sense.

(Oh come Sweet) cheeses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit