FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

ROFLMAO @ HS

• wednesday
    wednesday

Yes, BT it is a painful wound and I myself know that IS what i reacted to, the feeling of being called a lowlife and misfit. The org. uses this in the shunning process and u can be so psychologically damaged by it, well it can be hard to ever think of yourself as anything else. I am glad there are x elders here to help chop the head off this evil beast. the wording of the thread just hit a nerve. A very painful nerve.

• Xena
    Xena

Sour grapes you two!....not everyone can be as sensitive as slippy...shame.... @ HS & LT

I agree LT, I never ment to imply that jst2laws felt that way himself but to point out a flaw in wording that unknowingly caused some hurt and I am sure he would change if he were aware of it.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    Sour grapes you two!....

Probably - I hear that he bulk buys 2' black nobblers!!!

• eyeslice
    eyeslice

Add me to the list for what it is worth 10 years.

However, I always believed Jesus words "whoever may desire to become great amoung you, should be Your Servant". I honestly believe the majority of former and present elders felt/feel that way.

The problem with the Watchtower structure is that the 'hardliners" rise to the top. These are the ones who then effectively become the Society's law enforcers. I have been in quite a few congregations, and have never come across a congregation where that wasn't true.

eyeslice

• shera
    shera

(((((((((((((Mouthy)))))))))))))))) I don't like when Mouthy gets hurt.Sweet lady doesn't deserve it.

Perhaps it would be a bit less offensive if those of use who weren't elders, bethelites and/or CO or DO's weren't labeled as exjw misfits & lowlifes.

Yep

We were all involved and all thought the same way and we all wised up and left.

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

Guess i didn't think that deeply about it, because I am still impressed by the fact that those who held these lofty positions in the Org--who knew the inside scoop on things--had the guts to get off their high horse and set things right. Kind of like a high government official admitting he was wrong--way more impact on the public than if Joe Doaks admits he was wrong. I think the fact that some of these men used to be elders is more impressive to the public in general. But the point is they are no longer in the Org and most of us are no longer in the Org and the fact that we can relate to each other in the way that we do on this site and express our open opinions to each other is proof of this. So it's all good. I am impressed with everyone who has the guts to stand up for what is right despite the consequences--no matter what position they held in a past life.

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    Probably - I hear that he bulk buys 2' black nobblers!!!

And the cry throughout the jungle, at least among the Tapir family is, "Hide your heart girls, here comes Slippy".

HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

I heard it was the Marmosets

• flower
    flower

now that i can get on again just a few additional thoughts based on all of the comments...

The whole point Jst2laws is making is very simple.

If present JW's point to sites such as this and say "Oh well, it's just a bunch of malcontents who were always weak", we can point out that many posters here were at one time high up on the WT ladder.

I did understand that to be the purpose of the list however I disagree that we should subject everyone here to the jw mentality (that elders are superior and should be revered) just to cater to the few lurking elders who may not accept the rest of us as legitimate human beings. Unless they hear it from an elder they wont believe it? Well too bad for them.

The main purpose of this board, as I understand it, is to support US...the EX jw's. By doing so we help JW's who may be lurking and doubting or searching. We help them by being ourselves..by being free of the JW mentality...by supporting each other in our freedom. My opinion is still that this list, while it may have been made for a noble purpose, stoops back down to that mentality and allows them the control. Additionally, it disregards the feelings of the majority here who were emotionally, spiritually and (for some of us) physically abused by men in 'that' position. Excuse us if we have yet gotten over those things. I mean no disrespect to Jst2laws, I think he is a wonderful, special human being and I have no doubt as to the sincerity of his attempt to reach other witnesses. The fact of the matter is, many of us here never held any of the prominant positions in the congregation and yet when a witness comes to the board with questions, doubts or concerns, we are ALL there to give them support, love, and legitimate reasons why they should question their faith. If they cannot accept that from ALL of us then that should be too bad for them. By making a list of EX witnesses who held prominent positions that by default makes the rest of us Rank & File ex witnesses. flower

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit