FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• Simon
    Simon

I think it shows that these particular elders do not consider themselves better than or above anyone else and many spend a lot of time and effort trying to help others as best they can.

They don't deserve the negative labelling of "elder' IMO.

• orangefatcat
    orangefatcat

Oh darn it, and I thought I would see Blondie's name on that list.

Love ya BlondieDouble Kiss

OrangefatcatOrangeFatCat 15

• Dansk
    Dansk

Ozzie

I'm sorry Ian, it should be 30 years.

Only THIRTY, years, eh! Well, that changes everything.................................NOT!

Great that you're here.

Love,

Ian

• flower
    flower

He did it to show others what calibur of people are here as far as "ranking" within the organisation goes. It's not inexperienced witnesses who had no status in the Organisation that are here on this site. It's also many who were WELL INFORMED of the organisation and who know more than the AVERAGE witness knows......and many of these ones had many years inside.

Gumby

I hate to break it to you but having the title ELDER means none of the above. It doesnt mean they were more spiritual than other witnesses, nor does it mean they had more years inside, nor does it mean they have more experience. I've grown up with the biggest jackasses and watched them become elders within a few years of baptism. My father in fact was appointed in his mid twenties after only finding the org at the age of 18 and being baptised a couple years later (cause thats the only way my mom would marry him and therefore give it up). He was certainly not more experienced or more spiritual at that time, but he was just the type of personality they needed.

Additionally, I find it somewhat insulting to the long time female members who lacked the physical organ necessary to gain one of the precious titles yet who left after being much more spiritual, experienced and knowledgeable than the average elder. Had women been allowed to speak to 'elders' on an equal level I have no doubt that many a female could have run spiritual circles around many elders.

I dont think we should stoop to jw levels by compiling lists of those with titles who left.

flower

• wednesday
    wednesday

I sort of agree, Flower. I too find it a bit insulting that this thread started with the premice that JWD was not just a hang out for low lifes and misfits, but hey we have elders here.I guess we will always find a way to have class distinctions between us. It is human nature.

Most of us are the R/F, and who decides who is a low life or misfit?

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Y'all need more fiber in your diet.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I think that Jst2laws has a good point here. When I first went out of the borg, I was amazed that the "apostates" on this site , where elders for MANY years.......Bethelites,,,,,,,,etc. I am not saying that they were more spiritiual at all than anyone eles, but there are so many things the elders saw, read and know about than most of us who were not elders will ever know.

I was an elder's daughter and an elder's wife. I can tell you things I saw , the time my husband spent at the hall, trying to help someone. He would come home exhausted and just heartbroke many times. He never wanted to set himself up as judge and of all 3 of the elders he was always the one who tried to keep someone from getting d/f when the other two wanted to get rid of them. So many times my husband was so distraught at situations he was dealing with in the congregation, he would just be so sick and depressed , because he couldnt help a situation or he was out numbered by the other elders. He was so relieved when he wasnt an elder any more. But he was still so worried about the friends because he knew that now he wouldnt be there to stand up for them. That is why he stayed as long as he did being an elder , he didnt want to leave the friends. He tried to do his own reformation as he could , but it was not to be. Many here did the same , trying to help others was the driving force in staying , when they first started having doubts about the organization.

I know alot more about some cases, one in particular that happened in our congregation involving incest/child abuse. At the time my hubby couldnt tell me what was going on but he told me to keep our kids in away from this person and to watch them while at the hall. I didnt ask anymore questions at the time, because I knew what that meant and that was enough for me, at the time. My husband still to this day can not get over this case , and he was helpless in it , as they met with this child molestor, his own daughter, after he did it again. My husband was taken off of the case, because he wanted to d/f him and told them that he would do it again, and that the child should be taken out of the house. They didnt listen the first time and there was yelling, argueing and heated tempers over my husband being so firm on his stand. They dismissed him from the case and had someone eles take over his place because he was too "emotionally connected" to the case. The real reason was he didnt and would not go along with what they were doing. My husband turned out to be right........the man did it again,,,,,,,,then they moved away. But there was not one word of I told you so from my husband,,,,,when he heard about it he walked away, and went outside. It really tore him up.

The ex jw elders here have alot of information that will damage any lurkers faith in the JW being an direct representative of God. My husband still has all of his letters to the body of elders, and they are basically telling the elders every since move to make. Some times these letters contridict what they say in the printed from for the rank and file , and therefore what the elders say to the rank and file is not the same , as what they read in the WT. They are taught to say things in a way , that tell people what they should do without coming right out and saying it, which they can't do so much in the publications.

The elders had to sit thru hours of instructions from the CO's , the DO's, special meetings, KM school, etc. where they heard things that we did not hear. No tape recorders allowed either. So we have the word of men here who were elders, who were there, and whom we have grown to trust , to tell us what was said at these meetings.

I am thankful for these ex elders who share with us more information to help us and new ones see the organization for what it really is.

I think these exelders have a few more nails to add to the lid of the coffin of JW. We all have a hand in bringing it down, but some do have more personal experiences to share , stories to tell, that would shock those who do not know what goes on in those meetings, behind the closed library doors.

• Beans
    Beans

Put me down for as "Would have been an elder had I not smartend up at 16 years of age class"

• cyber-sista
    cyber-sista

I think this list would be impressive to ones who are newly out...I mean if elders leave then it gives the average JW a feeling that WOW, I can do it too. I was happy to know that those who had loftier"positions" in the Org left too. I had bad experiences with elders applying their corrupt WT policies and was comforted to know there were a few good men who stood up for what was right. While not bowing down to them because of their former positions I applaud them having the courage to speak out for the wrong and in stepping down from their lofty places in the Org. I was impressed in this way...

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

You can me to your list as well

Uzzah - 17 years baptized, 14 years full time service (11 of which was in Bethel), elder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit