FORMER JW ELDERS, on JWD, 2004 LIST

by jst2laws 181 Replies latest jw friends

• slipnslidemaster
    slipnslidemaster
    One of the reasons for this thread is to help lurkers see that this site is not the home of exjw misfits and lowlifes. There are former elders, bethelites, and occasional CO or DO.

Perhaps it would be a bit less offensive if those of use who weren't elders, bethelites and/or CO or DO's weren't labeled as exjw misfits & lowlifes.

Regardless of intent, there are two groups defined in jst2laws post: "former elders, bethelites, and occasional CO or DO" and "exjw misfits and lowlifes". Having never been an elder, bethelite, CO or DO, I have to assume that I'm an exjw misfit and lowlife. Now while that is true and that sort of thing doesn't offend me, I can still see how some would take offense by that statement.

I must apologize because I saw that the above statement needed to be edited so as not to offend but I didn't take it as far as the females on the board did. It was an excellent point that I never thought of. I'm sorry my beautiful sisters.

p.s. Nice hat...

• Xena
    Xena

Excellent points made Farkel!

The premise of the thread is good, but my concern is some hurt that might be caused to some of our exdub friends. Is that really such a bad thing to be concerned about? Why even use those terms to discribe any of us...why?

Tain't nothin' to be getting pissy about dear people, surely most of us here have got over our elder hang-ups by now?

Maybe we have, maybe we haven't E-man...we are all at different places...and reached this place by different roads.....lol don't tell me what I can and can't be pissy about until you have walked a mile in my shoes

Painting targets on my forehead and backhead is what I live for...lol

lol no surpise there HS...I read your posts too

edited to add PS for slippy

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Slippy:Creepy crawler...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

LT, of the "ignored by Xena" class.

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

Correct me if I am wrong........but , Jst2laws did not say that we were lowlife and misfits,,,,,,,,,,,but that those who come on this site the first time,,,,,may very well THINK that. I can say in my experience,,,,,,,,,when my husband first showed me this site, I was sure it was just an apostate , Jehovah hating site. I felt probably the ones here had a grudge about something , maybe they felt they were disfellowshipped wrongly, and that is why they were "apostates". I had no idea about all the WT lies, the coverups, the terrible things done to so many in such a great number. Everyone's stories were so similar just names and places were different.

When I started reading the stories of everyone,,,,,,,,women especially......., I saw this site for what it really is. And that is a place of healing, a place with a large collections of diff. personailites, diff. years spent in the JW's, diff. positions. I soon learned that I was very wrong about the internet and the pitfalls of reading and educating myself, as we were told not to do as JW's.

Thank the Good Lord for this site and thank everyone for having the courage to tell their stories and for walking away from the WT.

If it had not been for this site, I don't know if I could have made it on my own in the begining.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Slippy,

: Having never been an elder, bethelite, CO or DO, I have to assume that I'm an exjw misfit and lowlife.

No, but it would be reasonable to assume that perhaps you understand that that comment was meant to be sarcastic.

Farkel

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

I've never been an elder, or at Bethel or any of that other nonsense. However, as ex-JWs we all know what the organization thinks of apostates. You don't have to like it or agree with it, but the attitude is still there.

I don't hear Steve calling anyone here a misfit or a low-life, but it is fair to say that many Witnesses would. I think the very fact that so many people have reacted is proof of that fact. We've all been there, and had that judgmental, arrogant attitude thrown our way. Hell, I was told that "Jehovah has got more important things to do than listen to your petty little problems".

I think it is fair that we all still feel the sting of that experience, and that scar is proably always going to be there in one form or another. But that anger and pain belongs to those who dumped it on us in the first place. Everyone here knows jst2laws. He is one of the most open minded, fair and caring men on this board. When I read the misfit and low life comment, I took it as sarcastic self-deprecation.

The pain and anger left by WTS is real, and I don't want to do anything to diminish what some have gone through, but I do think it is necessary and fair to focus on what jst2laws' intent is and the audience he is aiming at in this thread. That audience is not better or above anyone here, and I don't hear jst2laws saying that. That's all.

Chris

• Xena
    Xena

as if I would ever ignore you LT

• hillary_step
    hillary_step
    It was an excellent point that I never thought of. I'm sorry my beautiful sisters.

It is obvious that Slippy's latest bulk purchase of condoms has arrived.

HS

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Just a point of note - I suspect Jst2Lws would re-word his post, if he knew what it had caused. However I understand (from another post) that he's away with his family, today.
    He's probably oblivious to this mini-storm, and enjoying his life with his family.
    As one who has started to move on with his life, I'm pleased for him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit