Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Jehalapeno
    Jehalapeno

I don't think BlackSprit knows what solid, concrete, unassailable, objective evidence is.

You can't cite scripture to prove that God exists. That's like citing JRR Tolkein to prove that literal Dragons exist.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world,

for this reason the world hates you. - John 15:18-20

So then by this Scripture JWS can be hated by being apostate false Prophets as being a part of this world.

The words spoken by Jesus can be taken through that understanding as well.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Black Spirit

None of your posts are connected. I see that you just want to paste random WT material rather than engage in a real discussion.

I'm assuming that you are a teenager without any real interest in truth.

Why not tell us what this is all about? Have you learned anything valuable from the responses you have received.thus far?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

One should keep in mind the early Christians were persecuted by the controlling Romans of the era.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BlackSpirit - "...The existence of an orderly universe containing life points to a Creator..."

Don't kid yourself. It ain't that orderly.

Read an astronomy textbook sometime.

Or Google "horrifying sea life".

BlackSpirit - "...As humans, we have an innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life..."

I've... met very few people who fit that description.

And I've been around.

BlackSpirit - "...Detailed prophecies in the Bible were written centuries ahead of time and came true exactly as predicted..."

Every known manuscript has been dated, re-dated, and re-re-dated to after the time period in said "prophecies" (often by fervent devout believers like you)...

...which means that they're - at the very least - copies of copies of copies, which can't help but have editing, translation, and context errors, not to mention simply having been written after the fact.

And if you say that God wouldn't allow mistakes to creep into His Word...

...how do you explain (just as one example) the city of Tyre still... existing?

BlackSpirit - "...The Bible answers many difficult questions, the type of questions that when not satisfactorily answered can lead a person to atheism..."

From what I've seen, the Bible has created more atheists than it has believers.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ everyone else...

Yes, I'm aware that I just fed the troll.

• sir82
    sir82

It doesn't go unnoticed that you've cherry picked the scriptures

you think are supported by modern science while ignoring all

the scriptures that blatantly contradicted science.

It's a pretty common practice among JWs and other fundy groups.

Formula:

Does this scripture support our doctrine?

If Yes: It is to be taken literally

If No: It is to be taken symbolically or figuratively or poetically

Example:

Scripture A says earth is supported by pillars: That's inconvenient, so Scripture A must be "poetic".

Scripture B says earth is "suspended upon nothing": Ooh, that sounds good, Scripture B must be literal, then.

Happens with scriptures related to trinity, hellfire, soul, blood, etc. as well.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I'm guessing BlackSpirit has been deeply brainwashed by the defunct Watchtower Corporation with little education otherwise ......... #sad .

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

To understand the bible, you don't need a college degree. What you need is the right heart condition, humility, patience and power of reason. The Pharisees and Scribes were experts in the Law but they did not accept Christ who fulfilled the Law. Why? They could read but they couldn't accept because they were not humble.

The bible is the only book that to understand, you'll need more than language, reading and intellectual capabilities. You need to be humble, patient and discerning.

• humbled
    humbled

Check out Black Spirit ‘s member profile.

I submit that the Organization has broken his/her spirit. This is a person who has gone over the edge. They are in trouble.

edited: I didn’t know if it was a violation to post the member profile on the thread so I took it down. But you should see it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit