Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Whynot
    Whynot

This scripture applies to humans who follow Christ NOT a religious institution or organization. Jehovah's Witnesses follow the Organization lead by their governing body. JWs are faithful to the organization and leaders NOT Jesus Christ. And Jesus, nor Jehovah direct the Jehovah's Witness organization or their governing body.

This scripture you mention applies to the 1st century Christians who were hated for saying that Jesus was the Messiah. This was considered deeply blasphamous to the Jews.

Being hated does not equal approval from Jehovah. Jehovah's Witnesses have a terrible track record for being wrong many, many times. They're not humble enough to admit their mistakes.

• Whynot
    Whynot

Jesus NEVER said there was an organization that we needed to follow. He said "I am the way". The organization has taken away Jesus' authority and placed it on their governing body. They think they are Jesus. Jesus said we only need him, that's it! No organization. The Jehovah's Witness religion is a business and it is run/managed like one.The JWs also use MIND CONDITIONING which is a powerful tool to get certain behaviors out of their members. Their tactics are real and they know exactly what they are doing.

I highly recommend The Subtle Power of Spiritual Abuse and Combating Cult Mind Control to see the tactics and manipulation they use. It's extremely similar to the tricks an abuser uses to keep their victim (usually a girlfriend/boyfriend or wife/husband) from leaving and continue to control them.

• Whynot
    Whynot

John 14:6 - Jesus said to him: “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

Acts 5:29 - In answer Peter and the other apostles said: “We must obey God as ruler rather than men. "

Psalm 146:3 - Do not put your trust in princes Nor in a son of man, who cannot bring salvation.

2 Corinthians 1:24 - Not that we are the masters over your faith, but we are fellow workers for your joy, for it is by your faith that you are standing.

Matthew 20:25, 26a - But Jesus called them to him and said: “You know that the rulers of the nations lord it over them and the great men wield authority over them. 26 This must not be the way among you."

* The Jehovah's Witness Governing Body want to control every aspect of their members life including the marital bedroom. This is NOT how 1st century Christian leaders behaved towards their fellow brothers in the faith.

Matthew 23:4 - They bind up heavy loads and put them on the shoulders of men, but they themselves are not willing to budge them with their finger.

• days of future passed
    days of future passed

If the Governing Body is no part of the World, why did they sign up with the UN?

When I was growing up, you couldn't even use the swimming pool at the YWCA because that would be sharing in a worldly religion. Even if they were "just using it for the library card ( )- which it was more than that - that would still make them friends with the world. And they are supposed to be living up to a higher standard.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

No other people on this earth has been hated and persecuted more than the Jews over the Centuries even to this day plus approximately 6 Million people ,men women and children in just 6 short years between 1939-1945

So they must still be Gods chosen people who have the "Truth" and they believe the Tetragrammaton represents Gods name.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Hello Blackspirit. I hope you're not another hit and run JW apologist counting time or stirring up needless debate.

The inference I draw from the Holy Scriptures quoted above is that Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed because they actually have God's and Christ's endorsement and approval.

Define 'opposed' and give credible evidence where this happens, please. Not quotes from JW publications.

I await your response. ...and I'm holding my breath.

• freddo
    freddo

BS wrote:

The almighty God has not changed.

Probably not. Look how he behaves in Judges Chapters 19 through 21 ...

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

Paul exhorted the brothers there to “speak in agreement” and to be “completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.” "Now I urge you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you should all speak in agreement and that there should be no divisions among you, but that you may be completely united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. For some from the house of Chloʹe have informed me regarding you, my brothers, that there are dissensions among you" - 1 Corinthians 1:10,11. How was that possible?

The Christian congregation was established on the day of Pentecost 33 C.E. What can we learn about the congregation in the first century? It was organized and governed theocratically, that is, under God.The inspired account of what took place in Jerusalem nearly 2,000 years ago leaves no doubt that the congregation of anointed Christians was established by God. (Acts 2:1-47) It was his building, his household. (1 Corinthians 3:9; Ephesians 2:19) The pattern of organization and operation that was set during the first century is followed by the Jehovah's Witnesses Christian congregation today.

What arrangements were made to ensure that each newly established congregation was organized and governed God’s way​—theocratically? Through the operation of God’s spirit, provision was made for undershepherds to care for the flock. In congregations that Paul and Barnabas visited during their first missionary journey, they made appointments of elders. (Acts 14:23) The Bible writer Luke relates information about Paul’s meeting with the elders of the congregation in Ephesus. Paul said to them: “Pay attention to yourselves and to all the flock, among which the holy spirit has appointed you overseers, to shepherd the congregation of God, which he purchased with the blood of his own Son.” (Acts 20:17, 28) They qualified to be elders because they met the Scriptural requirements. (1 Timothy 3:1-7) Paul’s fellow worker Titus was authorized to make appointments of elders in the congregations of Crete.​ - Titus 1:5

The result? As Jehovah's Witnesses work together in unity, they enjoy results similar to those experienced by Christians in the first century: “Indeed, the congregations continued to be made firm in the faith and to increase in number day by day.”​ - Acts 16:5

The governing body existed in the 1st century Christian congregation. They also exist today. They are fellow workers of Christ and God.

• cofty
    cofty

Black Spirit you are parroting cult doublethink.

• galaxie
    galaxie

Hi blackspirit...your question uses the word 'oppose' then your post immediately references ' hate' do you see a distinction? Opposition to a religious groups doctrines or practices does not always constitute hate. If you seriously want an answer to why most of us here have issues with and have subsequently left the jehovahs witnesses stick around and be honest enough to discuss, this is the purpose of this forum.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit