Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Not_Culty
  • sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Counting time?

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

Psalms 65:2 says "O Hearer of prayer, to you people of all sorts will come". People of all sorts will approach God and He will listen.

The bible even says "And I have hope toward God, which hope these men also look forward to, that there is going to be a resurrection of both the righteous and the unrighteous" - Acts 24:25.

Many non Jehovah's Witnesses will see the kingdom of God. This does not change the fact that Jehovah has an earthly courtyard to His spiritual temple. In the past, Egyptians, Moabites, Hittites, Amorites or others could escape destruction and hope for the paradise if they worshipped Jehovah with the Israelites. It did not change the fact that Israel was a chosen nation. Jehovah is a righteous judge. We know this. But never will apostasy be endorsed by God or his word the bible.

Apostate Israel and Judah had to turn away from spiritual prostitution and return to Jehovah to be accepted. - Ezekiel 18:30-32.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLACK SPIRIT:

In my opinion, you better get a bible that is not a Witness bible. Try reading THAT instead.

Most people know little about Jehovah’s Witnesses other than that they are radical Christianity. They simply are not interested.

For people on the forum who were in the JW religion and were harmed by un-Christian and man-made policies, or were rudely awakened when we learned the real story - we don’t want it anymore.

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

@LongHairGal please read these verses in the King James Version:

2 Peter 2:4

Acts 2:27

Matthew 10:28

In the three verses above, there is a common word "hell", according to the King James Version. My question to you is this. Do these three verses refer to the same concept "hell"?

Now please read the three verses again in the New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures and try to answer the question again. Thanks.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BLACK SPIRIT:

I read these scriptures in my Good News bible and my New American Standard bible... I do not have a New World Translation bible because I discarded it.

I walked away from the Witness religion for good reasons as I mentioned in my previous post - and I don’t see any point in a debate about the concept of “hell”.

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

Why do I oppose Jehovah's Witnesses? Because the requirement to treat/believe the Governing body as having the only word of God, and the horrific results of breaking up families with shunning and abuse. It is a high control, damaging group that tried to seduce my husband, and cause our marriage to be destroyed by the harmful teachings of the Watchtower that I refuse to accept.

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

@LongHairGal The point here is not debating a topic. I asked you to compare these two translations because the KJV used the same word hell to mean three different concepts (Tartarus, Hades and Gehenna respectively). How can a man who has read only the KJV all his life understand these verses and the bible as a whole? The New World Translation of the Holy Scriptures is an excellent bible.

The policies you call unchristian and man-made I do not know unless you are specific. But I know this. We are under the law of the Christ. The law of the Christ means freedom but slavery to God and Christ. When a person commits a serious sin, should he be disfellowshipped? If yes, should he be shunned? Is it scriptural? If all answers are yes, then this is God's will for the congregation.

One thing people always forget is this. The Christian congregation does not belong to men, it belongs to God. Jesus is the head and leader of the congregation not men. These men are undersheperds appointed by the Holy spirit but accountable to Christ and God. Can overseers make mistakes? Absolutely but does that invalidate their appointment? No. Moses fell, Aaron fell, David fell, Peter fell. Do their fall invalidate their responsibilities as God's representatives? Absolutely not.

Don't worship the man, worship only God. Exercise faith in Jesus Christ. Jehovah in his word says "Be obedient to those who are taking the lead among you and be submissive" - Hebrews 13:17. This is God's requirement, not man's.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Many prophecies in the Bible never came true, for instance in psalms it says the Nile in Egypt will dry up...never happened. Another prophecy i in psalms 17.1:prophesies that Damascus will be completely destroyed and no longer be inhabited. Yet Damascus has never been completely destroyed and is one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities.

Also, how do you know the prophecies were not simply added to the scriptures after the event? There is proof this was the case for many so-called prophecies. Remember, there was no such thing as the bible at this point. It was collated centuries later

Ist kings 35 Men's bones shall be burnt upon thee."

Although this prophecy was apparently fulfilled in 2 Kings 23:20, no credit should be given for it, since it was supposedly given during the reign of Jeroboam (ca. 900 BCE), yet it was actually made more than 300 years later. Evidence for the late date is found in verse 32, which refers to the the northern kingdom as Samaria, a term that wasn't used until after the Assyrians captured that kingdom in 721 BCE. And since the two books of Kings (which were originally one) were compiled after 566 BCE, while Josiah died in 609 BCE, the prophecy was made after the prophesied event, and was, therefore, not a prophecy at all. (Source: New Oxford Annotated Bible, OT:446; Oxford Companion to the Bible, 411)
  • Acluetofindtheuser
    Acluetofindtheuser

Now why did you have to go and swat that hornet's nest BlackSpirit? Now all these angry bugs are trying to sting everything in sight! Where's the smoke bomb to clear them out?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit