Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Jesus Christ, the son of the Most High God, Jehovah has this to say: "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours." - John 15:18-20

The inference I draw from the Holy Scriptures quoted above is that Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed because they actually have God's and Christ's endorsement and approval.

I don't oppose to the JWs; I just can't stand shit like what you posted, and the entitled attitude that comes with it. Fuck you, you're a big fat nobody.

• Perry
    Perry

Did the JWs have Gods approval when they banned organ transplants and were severely criticized and "persecuted" for that stance... only to reverse themselves?

People can (and do) secure persecution for themselves just for being jackasses.

Just read the bible from the KJV, NKJV or MEV. Jesus was a liberator. He wasn't opposed to persecution when it was legit.

Some didn't believe him. No one accused him of being a jackass.

• Island Man
    Island Man

Opposition faced by JWs don't prove they're God's true worshipers and Christ's true disciples. Why they're being opposed is of critical importance, "For what merit is there if you are beaten for sinning and you endure it?" - 1 Peter 2:20

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Yup.

News flash, people...

...going around poking people in the eye with a stick and then whining when you get a beatdown for it doesn't make you a victim.

It just makes you a dumbass.

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

I've been enjoying my day reading the holy scriptures. Some people seem to be so fascinated about members of the governing body. They forget that only one is our leader, Christ. And only one is our God, Jehovah.

Yet others allow themselves to be stumbled by men or women (sad). I wonder if these words can be said about them: "For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

Did I think out loud? Oops!

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

Some people seem to be so fascinated about members of the governing body. They forget that only one is our leader, Christ. And only one is our God, Jehovah.

Right... and it's the Governing Body that happens to be the ones that tell you what Jehovah is saying.

You know the Catholics dont follow the pope right? They "follow god" the pope is just the middle man.

Your governing body is the same thing.

• bennyk
    bennyk

"For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:38,39

The quoted Scripture explains why no Christian would fear being disfellowshipped for "apostasy against the Organisation".

The reason I rejected the Watch Tower Society was the numerous false prophecies and the repeated lies they promulgated regarding the Watch Tower Society's history. (Cf.1 John 2:21)

• jp1692
    jp1692

How 'bout this: JWs are not liked because they are a highly destructive cult.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

The most likely reason people oppose JWS is because they are not inline with Jesus's teachings from a theological perspective. They follow the doctrines made by men who operate a publishing house more then the doctrinal teachings made by Jesus Christ, making the JWS a sinful (false prophet) cult.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    Some people seem to be so fascinated about members of the governing body. They forget that only one is our leader, Christ. And only one is our God, Jehovah.

If by "some people" you mean the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, you're absolutely right. They have manoeuvred themselves between man and God, making Jesus stand in their shadow.

Don't believe me?

Then think about this: according to Watchtower teachings, is it possible to serve Jehovah and be accepted by Him without supporting and obeying the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses?

And if supporting and obeying the GB is vital for salvation and a good relationship with God, haven't they effectively placed themselves instead of Jesus? (compare Rom. 10:9; John 1:12, John 3:15, 16, 18; John 5:24; John 8:24; Acts 10:43)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit