Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

Jesus Christ, the son of the Most High God, Jehovah has this to say: "If the world hates you, you know that it has hated me before it hated you. If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own. Now because you are no part of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, for this reason the world hates you. Keep in mind the word I said to you: A slave is not greater than his master. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have observed my word, they will also observe yours." - John 15:18-20

The inference I draw from the Holy Scriptures quoted above is that Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed because they actually have God's and Christ's endorsement and approval.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

So, you're saying that maybe Scientology or Islam may be the true religion?

Because, most people don't hate JWs, they just don't care...

• Queequeg
  • Magnum
    Magnum

How do you make the leap of that inference? That passage merely says that some would be persecuted because they were chosen by Jesus and are no part of the world. What makes you think this applies to JWs? And, really, what makes you think JWs are even persecuted in the first place? By far, most of the world couldn't care less about them and barely even notices them.

• humbled
    humbled

Jehovah’s Witnesses stand in the long tradition of persecuted new religions. The list is long.

There have been the Quakers, Puritans, Cathars, Huguenots, etc. even Catholics. People who at different times have suffered and died for Truth as they understood it.

The problem the witnesses face is what happens in religions all the time. The rules take over and before you know it you discover you are following a man. In the case of the Witnesses a committee of men.

If you think that persecution is the measure of the true religion, then take that up with the FDLS. Their leader Warren Jeffs is in prison and his followers are persecuted too. Persecution comes easy if you break up families and develop a reputation for caring for the protection of pefophiles over the welfare of children.

Those words from John 15 heartened some of us to leave the ranks of men followers. “Those who are cowards and without faith” says Revelation. Some of those scriptures cut two ways.

• Simon
    Simon
    If you were part of the world, the world would be fond of what is its own

So if the world is all loving, just not with God and JC Jr, why doesn't he piss off and stop causing trouble? First he messes up languages, then he dumps his renegade angels on us, now he's back to stir things up.

What an asshole.

• BlackSpirit
    BlackSpirit

The almighty God has not changed. In the past He spoke through Moses. Lives were preserved if they listened to Moses. Much earlier, God spoke through Noah. Those who refused to listen perished. Jeremiah prophesied by God's Spirit but no one cared. Jesus Christ came and the scribes, experts in the law rebuked him. God has not changed. He speaks through his son Jesus Christ. He has an organization, just 1. That organization has the heavenly and earthly parts to it. Faithful men serve in the earthly part of God's organization. You see the bigger picture.

One quality was required all through history to acknowledge Jehovah's organization and arrangement. That quality is humility. If this quality is lacking, nothing else makes sense. Humility can only be cultivated if love for God is strong.

• Queequeg
    Queequeg

Soooo... the Mormons?

• blownaway
    blownaway

Is the OP serious or just delusional? Every group or religion has had opposition or persecution, by this retarded standard the Jews were the correct religion. LMAO You disregard the years of never being right on one thing, and many wrong predictions and if you want to being in the Bible then the scripture that says if someone prophesies in my name and it does not come to pass they are a false profit. So the JWs are false profits.

• humbled
    humbled

Revelation 14 says that Jesus brothers (and sisters) follow the Lamb where ever He goes. These haven’t slept with women ( meaning “religion”so the Wt teaches) they are spiritual virgins.

Thr Organization betrayed that descriptor when they became a Corporation and required the 144,000 to be obedient to the GB thus nullifying the relationship of Jesus would-be Anointed who were not of the GB. Now they were obliged to follow the Org. Their independent relationship to Jehovah and their relationship to Jesus was over. They effectively were nothing different from the great crowd. You don’t get to cultivate that great love for God when you answer to men. Poor things, they only take the emblems as a sorry reminder that they sold out. You can’t serve two masters.

There is nothing to say to you, you were turned into a man worshipper. You should be ashamed. And you believe you are humble. You pridefully broke the rules to come here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit