Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    To understand the bible, you don't need a college degree.

True. the bible is the ramblings of mentally retarded bronze age goat herders.

What you need is the right heart condition, humility, patience and power of reason.

Not really. Just gullible.

The Pharisees and Scribes were experts in the Law but they did not accept Christ who fulfilled the Law. Why? They could read but they couldn't accept because they were not humble.

First, let's have evidence outside the bible that Jesus actually existed.

The bible is the only book that to understand, you'll need more than language, reading and intellectual capabilities. You need to be humble, patient and discerning.

What ignorant silliness.

Can you please stop being a troll and answer questions poseed in your own words not random copy paste from cult propaganda.

No?

Yep. I just fed the troll too.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Finkelstein - "One should keep in mind the early Christians were persecuted by the controlling Romans of the era."

And recent historical evidence suggests that the degree of "persecution" way well have been somewhat exaggerated as a part of early Christian propaganda*...

...basically, "...god, those awful, pagan Romans, amiright? What a bunch of assholes! BTW, have you heard about that 'Jesus' guy? Those asshole Romans totally hated him for his love-thy-neighbor-forgive-your-enemies schtick... Joke's on them, though; He was the Son of God and God Himself (don't try too hard to figure that out), and when they killed Him, He ended up dying for our sins (don't try too hard to figure that out, either). What a cool dude, huh? Say, you wanna convert?"

*Additional recent historical evidence also suggests that the First-Century Roman Empire was actually pretty religiously tolerant for its time ("Zeus, Osiris, Yahweh, whatever, just pay your taxes, 'kay?")...

...which, like the U.S. in the 20th Century, gives a pretty strong practical explanation for why early Christianity spread so quickly (palpable irony, no?).

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    BlackSpirit - "...they were not humble..."

...he said, without a trace of irony. :smirk:

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    humbled - "This is BlackSpirit ‘s member profile. I submit that the Organization has broken his/her spirit. This is a person who has gone over the edge. They are in trouble."

Agreed.

The more folks like him sign up with the WT, the better off the "opposer" community can't help but be, IMO.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

BlackSpirit - "...Detailed prophecies in the Bible were written centuries ahead of time and came true exactly as predicted..."

yes, thank the Catholic Church for any biblical prophesy. Just regurgitating what Catholics have written is not prophesy, it's repeating what someone else already wrote....a Catholic...just saying ....specifically to Black Spirit

• Coded Logic
    Coded Logic
    I've... met very few people who fit that description.
    And I've been around.

Good catch Vidiot! Didn't even think about that.

I suppose if I were at a Star Trek convention I could get away with saying something along the lines of "We all have an innate desire to better understand the mind of Gene Roddenberry." However, out in the general public, hardly anyone knows who Gene Roddenberry is - much less cares about his futurist musings.

Likewise, outside of a small percentage of people deeply interested in philosophy and anthropology, very few of us spend anytime at all pondering the deeper implications of our existence. And if a god wanted to give humans an "innate desire to understand the meaning and purpose of life" then I'd say that god did a piss poor job of it.

• Whynot
    Whynot

The Apostle Paul was not part of the so called Governing Body. Actually there was no Governing Body in the 1st century. Paul did not report nor respond to the disciples. He did his own thing.

1st century Christians didn't have Kingdom Halls, they didn't have a quota for preaching, they didn't have assigned territories, no one had to answer baptism questions or be a publisher, the meetings were conducted very differently.

The lack of unity you mention is very different. Please do some research. You're embarrassing yourself

Do some real research on 1st century Christians please. Look up Polycarp and other influential Christians that actually lived around that time. You will see a huge difference between them and Jehovah's Witnesses.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Coded Logic - "...'We all have an innate desire to better understand the mind of Gene Roddenberry.' ..."

Oh, that's too funny.

Not to mention that, from what I've read about the guy, understanding his mind wouldn't be the most pleasant experience.

Coded Logic - "...very few of us spend anytime at all pondering the deeper implications of our existence..."

Yup.

Most of us are perfectly content with full bellies, clothes that aren't falling apart, shelter from the elements, and (semi-)regular sex.

And that's okay.

(Marvel movies at regular intervals don't hurt, either. )

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

Why do Jehovah's Witnesses oppose other people?

• Whynot
    Whynot

BlackSpirit please do us a favor and do some research. Real research not Watchtower bogus material. You're really embarrassing yourself.

Most of us here have read the bible many, many times. Some are atheists, most used to be JWs turned atheist or agnostic. But we all are here because we realized that Jehovah's Witnesses are NOT the true religion. A lot of us went through a period of mourning, we suffered in silence. I know I must have prayed about it thousands of times. It took me many years of fighting with the facts and my own conscience to finally understand and accept the truth about this religion. It was very painful and it is for most of us here.

We all have a story to tell. It's not easy to let go of something that you believed in deeply.

That's why everyone here is attacking you. You are saying things that a lot of us USED TO BELIEVE but after careful research have found it to be opposite from truth.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit