Why Do People Oppose Jehovah's Witnesses?

by BlackSpirit 131 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

Black spirit, you can draw any inference you want but that does not make it logical or correct.

By your logic witches in American colonial times, pedophiles and murderers were/are all gods chosen ones.

Faulty logic is one reason why some people reject JWs.

I will give you my reason though: I oppose JWs because JWs steal lives.

Sometimes its a whole life, sometimes its some fraction. I don't expect you to understand that since it sounds like you are full of "zeal" (as You would say) but maybe one day you'll wake up to the truth and the truth will set you free.

For a good dose of truth, you should go watch the GB member Geoffrey Jackson's description of "led by holy spirit" in the Australian Royal Committee (ARC) footage - you can find it on YouTube.

Also watch the Australia branch reps LIE under oath in more ARC footage, also on YouTube.

And that's just the top of the iceberg! You should really watch all the JW/ARC videos of you can. it's alot, timewise, but you really get a feel for what the "leaders" are like.

If you're not disgusted, you're not paying attention.

• MrRoboto
    MrRoboto

You better not be counting service time!

Go tell it to the mountain of that's the case, also feel free to take a leap of faith since that would mean you are here just to troll.

If you want easy service time then go stand at a cart like everyone else.

• pale.emperor
    pale.emperor

I love it when a JW comes here, we're reminded of the faulty reasoning.

Blackspirit, the majority of ex-JWs dont oppose JWs, we simply disagree with them. Does that make us so bad?

I do hope you stick around Blackspirit. Most JWs dont last a week on here before they run away with their tail between their legs.

• blankspace
    blankspace

@BlackSpirit - Try to have original thoughts and don't just copy and paste from literature. Oh wait! I just realized that you're not supposed to have original thoughts because that's (gasp) "independent thinking".

Just because a religious group is persecuted doesn't mean they are right. The Jews were given multiple chances to get their act together but when they didn't, they were rightly given over to the nations to be punished. Was this fair? Definitely.

Now coming to JWs. I personally believe in the core teachings of the JWs but I disagree with the nonsense they do. Are they the true religion? Let Jehovah decide. Why are they being persecuted?

Option A: They are the truth.

Answer: Leave it to Jehovah and stay out of it. Remember what happened to Uzziah.

Option B: They are reaping what they sowed just as ancient Israel got it.

Answer: Don't get in the way of Jehovah's punishment or else you will get caught in the middle too.

I believe it's the latter. I'm PIMO, staying undercover with the front of an uberdub so that I can watch what happens from the frontlines.

By the way, I don't think you can count your time on this forum. Try to meet your pioneering hours some other way.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

What organization did God have In 1800? In 1700? In 1200? In 700? You get the picture. How about before Moses?

The many years between David And Jesus when the position of high preist was purchased by the highest bidder.

God has not always had an " organization" and 'governing body' in not in the Greek scriptures.

Remember, too, that the prophet that speaks the word that doesn't come true is not from Jehovah. That definitely rules Watchtower out with their claims that the end would come in 1879, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1975, in "our 20th century".

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Moses was NOT an “organization”, he was a man whom God chose specifically.

Jesus was NOT an “organization”, He was a man God sent, specifically.

King David was NOT an “organization”, he was a man God chose specifically also, a man who, by the way, fought AGAINST the only thing you might refer to as “God’s organization” as he fled into the wilderness, outside the camp, to build an opposing force.

This OP guy just made his login and made his first post to rattle his Watchtower chains.

And by the way, the idea of a ‘governing body’ and centralized control of the church was invented by the few Pharisees who joined the Christian faith in the first century and who tried to maintain their positions of power that they had as Jews.

Paul fought against those fools.

And JWs don’t read the Bible. They read whatever bilgewater the Watchtower comes up with and parrot it, never using their brains.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

OBlack Spirit.....Most churches and all cults are unified in their doctrine. So JWs are no exception.

There is no evidence that the religion of Jehovah's Witnesses was selected by God in 1919 or that their leaders were appointed to fulfill the role of "faithful and discrete slave. That's just manufactured fruitcake theology. The fact is that every last unique doctrine of Jehovah's is extra-biblical.

Jesus and the apostles were backed up by signs, wonders and miracles. JWS are backed by heeding false signs, making false predictions, disseminating false medical advice, enforcing commandments of men, harbouring pedophiles, failing to protect children, joining the wild beast of Revelation, flip-floping on doctrine sometimes back to original positions, preaching a false gospel worldwide and breaking up families for extra-biblical reasons.

• Not_Culty
    Not_Culty

People oppose Pedophiles also . Same thing in this instance.

https://www.revealnews.org/tag/jehovahs-witnesses/

• Giordano
    Giordano

Since I have nothing nice to say about Black Spirits POV I'll pass.

BS (the name not the person) I sense you have come here because you are standing at the edge of a black abyss...... A pit of eternal darkness from which there is no escape, filled to the brim with the influence of evil.

Here is my advice....... as you stare into that lonely terrible place don't do anything until your eyes adjust.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

The inference I draw from the Holy Scriptures quoted above is that Jehovah's Witnesses are opposed because they actually have God's and Christ's endorsement and approval.

So who gave the WTS this authority? The authority to interpret the bible and say that it is they that the bible refers to? The WTS took a Catholic book [the bible] and try to claim it as their own. It's not. It's a Catholic book from Catholic men from the Church that Jesus started..

Sorry, but it's true...real truth, not the 'Truth' tm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit