US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• freeman
    freeman

Actually Foreword, IMHO the quantity is totally irrelevant, any amount in this mans hands is too much. The real fear for me anyway is not that Saddam would use them himself as he has in the past, but that these weapons could find there way into the hands of other persons willing to use them. If you sincerely feel it is acceptable for this tyrant to have some amount WMDs, as you seem to indicate, could you please then quantify the amounts that would be acceptable to you?

• freeman
    freeman

Reborn makes some very valid points, this was no humanitarian mission, we were there primarily for self serving reasons! Despite what the Bush administration says the primary reason we went to war against the MONSTER WE CREATED was the fear that his deadly toys could now slip into the hands of people highly motivated to kill us. 9-11 was a wake up call and quite frankly I think it scared the crap out of Bush.

• Islandboy99
    Islandboy99

The war was waged because of Paul Wolfowitz's vision of how the US could transform the middle east. With Iran surrounded by the US now on three fronts: Afgahnistan, Iraq, and the Persian Gulf.. Iran will fall without a shot fired. With Turkey and Iraq as staging grounds, the US can apply serious pressure to Syria also... The house of Sa'ad in Saudi Arabia will take the longest... In 50 years, the economic prosperity in Iraq should spill over into the whole region... I foresee Isreal's relationship with the US waning as the Palestinians will be given a state.. In fact by 2050, war with Isreal is a real possibility.. We'll cut their aid, and may even help the Palestinians in building a military if they accept a leader that will play by our rules..

Saddam being a butcher, and the possibility of him having WMD were secondary. Wolfowitz sold to Rumsfield and Bush his vision...

• WhyNow2000
    WhyNow2000

Freeman,

I think this is the part you mean to underline:

The shells are being examined, and Kimmitt said it is suspected

that the ordnance could be left over from the Iran-Iraq war in the mid-1980s.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Big Tex

You know, I am so sick and tired of hearing this tired bullshit. I don't offend easily, but this constant whining about this board being a Kingdom Hall, or how Simon, et al. are elders, is not only offensive, but it's really pissing me off. This is a Kingdom Hall? This is a friggin' discussion board.

This is a discussion board? Ever see a liberal viewpoint get deleted? Ever see a liberal get reproof? Dakota has now been lowered to minus 20 posts a day. If you can see Simon having elder tendencies on HIS forum then you are sadly blind. Simon gets to insult anyone he wants but a contrary point of view is considered an insult here.

It's only a discussion board when an opposing viewpoint is allowed. Simon has his blinders on and I maintain that this forum is filled with his ass kissers. This thread is proof of it.

I know my days are numbered here. It's obvious, I'm an insulting person and Simon calls Yeru a moron and that's just fine.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    If you can see Simon having elder tendencies on HIS forum then you are sadly blind.

I agree. If anyone can see elder attitudes here, then they are sadly blind.

You know Stacy, you have problems with this board, that's one thing. I don't wade into political threads too much, mainly mindless arguing gives me tired head.

But I've got big problems when you start comparing this board to a Kingdom Hall. All that does is insult all the pain and suffering inflicted on thousands of people by Jehovah's Witnesses.

I'll repeat what I said, this is an Internet discussion board. Again I will ask you: who has died here? What acts of rape, wife beatings and child abuse have been covered over here? How many families has Simon broken up? Jehovah's Witnesses are responsible for ALL this and more.

Can you not see the quantum leap to say that this board's policies is in anyway comparable to the atrocities committed by the Society? Your attitude in this regard is offensive in the extreme.

For the record, I cannot and do not support any name calling, and that includes Simon. I think calling anyone a moron, is not something I support. When I have seen such insults, I have deleted those words, and I've received quite a lot of flak for it too by the way. I don't read these threads very much so I'm not aware of whatever words have been bandied about. Whether you choose to believe that or not, I don't care.

And speaking of which, who are you to call me an "ass kisser"? I've never done or said anything to you that deserves such an insult. You don't know me. How do you know what I do, or do not, say to Simon or anyone else in private?

Look, if you want to think the world is against you, fine, I can't control what you think or how you perceive others. But I'll be damned before you tell me how I conduct myself, and I'll be double damned to listen to you insult others' experiences with the Witnesses.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Well said Tex.

Folks, I am as passionate about my politics as anyone. I try to remember, wether I agree with someone's politics or not, to be respectful. I don't always succeed but I try. Name calling sucks, but so does attitudes and stereotyping (Liberals are ruining America......Conservatives are trampling on our civil liberties).

Sometimes a tone can be much more insulting than a name. Some people on this board I believe to be idealogs with an agenda. Others want to genuinely, and honestly discuss opinions on politics. Then there are those who just regurgitate propaganda and have no interest in finding the truth and forming there opinions on that truth.

You cast doubt on your credibillity when you accuse and reprimand folks for something and then turn around and engage in that same activity.....can we see any of that on this thread, I think so.

People honestly, if there were room for only one opinion, one philosophy, one platform, would we have freedom?

Would it be a great thing for any free society for the members to agree on everything? More importantly, would that society really be free or a sham?

LC

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Actually Foreword, IMHO the quantity is totally irrelevant, any amount in this mans hands is too much. The real fear for me anyway is not that Saddam would use them himself as he has in the past, but that these weapons could find there way into the hands of other persons willing to use them. If you sincerely feel it is acceptable for this tyrant to have some amount WMDs, as you seem to indicate, could you please then quantify the amounts that would be acceptable to you?

Freeman, isn't this scenario, if it existed, amplified by our invasion? Are you saying that you think this is less of a likelyhood now? The opposite would seem to be true to me.

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

Hi Yeru,

: "Blix made gains and advances in his search?"

You know, like gaining access to a place, or achieving greater cooperation from Iraqi officials, that type of thing. Whenever the U.N. made these types of gains, Bush was quick to play it down. If there actually were all these WMD and Bush was eager to find them, like he says, a reasonable person would think Bush would welcome ANY progress made regarding access and un-hindered inspection.

Wg

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    You know, like gaining access to a place, or achieving greater cooperation from Iraqi officials, that type of thing. Whenever the U.N. made these types of gains

Blix was being lied to and accepting the lie the whole time...remember...this is the same guy who said North Korea did not have a nuclear weapons program...the Coalition forces uncovered more in a few days than Blix and his cronies did the whole time they were there. Ya gotta remember....Blix didn't want to be the guy to find WMD.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit