US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Pleasure,

Seems you won't be happy unitl we personally apologize to Saddam and put him back in power.

EDITED TO ADD:

I'm sorry if that sounds inane, just what exactly are you after. First...we're in a thread titled "US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction" which turns out to be NOT the case, then we're given a partial report of what David Kay said, but not the whole story. You prefer dealing in half truths and lies?

Regardless of what Howlin Howard says the Iraqi people are much better off without Saddam.

ALL Intelligence services...not just that of the US said Saddam had WMD...and have said this for ages...so either it's some VAST conspiracy by all the intelligence services since before the first Gulf War (Hi Frenchbabyface), or there were at one time WMD in Iraq...which is supported by the evidence (like dead Iraqis and the discovery of such items as well).

IF Hussein had no WMD it would have been easy enough for him to prove...yet he chose not to...
    It would be quite easy for several tankers full of Chems and Bios to be buried out in the sand....we'd never find them.

Then again even Kay, who says there are no WMD, also says the evidence he's seen...taken from the Iraqis, and sattelite evidence...suggest that programs were taken into Syria.

Sure...heads should roll for this...the head of every intelligence agency in the Western world..>IF it's true.

Given the obstinance of Saddam...he got what he deserved...we have a free Iraq...and a safer world.

So...WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT

This arguement isn't about if the US did or didn't do the right thing...it's about those who want to see Bush and the US embarrassed.

There was never this much noise made when Clinton Bombed the Baby Food factory in Iraq, or the Aspirin factory in Sudan...not near as much...

There was less reason for the US to go into Bosnia and Kosovo than there was to go into Iraq, yet not near as much of a fuss was raised.

It happened...it was done in good faith believing the intelligence that the last three US presidents had and believed.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    then we're given a partial report of what David Kay said, but not the whole story.

oh yes, i had part 1, and you had part 2. i'm glad you sorted out that one. after this you go on to argue about things that i didnt post about, and most of what you say has been talked through many times before.

This arguement isn't about if the US did or didn't do the right thing...it's about those who want to see Bush and the US embarrassed.

you are so paranoid.

we have a free Iraq...and a safer world

can i quote you on this next time your country is 'attacked'? (which is likely to be sooner rather than later)

i'm not after anything mate. i'm just posting relevant information. so, what are you after? you hang around these political threads like a bee around honey, putting forward the 'official line' like your bush's spokeman. do you get paid for this or something?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

You've posted relevant information? You didn't find it relevant what Kay said about Syria? You don't find it relevant that every single intelligence agency involved came to the exact same conclusions the US and British did, that Saddam had WMD? Pleasure, you're as ideologically driven as anyone else here, the difference being that if you had your way 25 million Iraqis would still be suffering under Saddam.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yeru -- I am sorry my friend, you are wasting your breath -- as you said earlier --it just about people wanting to embarrass GWBush and Tony Blair -- Saddam used WMD on the Kurds --that is an indisputable fact - the peopel are better off without Saddam another indisputable fact -- liberals - God they piss me off

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeah shout a Saddam and you'll got 10 to take his place ... (better) cause now in fact you and they don't know who's leading (time for the sneakies to creat little groups who dream about power - US included of course they want the cake) that's the root of terrorism - so now for irakies and everybody we have to be scared of everybody NOW ... THANKS BUSH !

and Remember where the trouble really came from and how rich those who are financing are ? ... (but you may think you scared them ... before you get a chance to touch one of their hair of those you really want to touch ... lots of inocent blood both side will have been waste ... AND THAT REALLY PISS ME OFF

• Simon
    Simon

the peopel are better off without Saddam another indisputable fact

Some people will be, no doubt. Some won't. I think it's far, far too early to start declaring a big success.

It's plain that America now wants to drop the whole thing and go home as fast as it can. Unfortunately, if they do this and leave the country in a very unstable state then there is a good chance that there could be civil war and many more deaths.

Apart from there never being the real reason for war, there was also never a good plan for peace. A grand half-baked plan.

• Pleasuredome
    Pleasuredome
    it just about people wanting to embarrass GWBush and Tony Blair

awwww.... the poor little world leaders. they've embarrassed themselves enough on their own.

You didn't find it relevant what Kay said about Syria?

yes, thats why i commented on it, did you not notice?

You don't find it relevant that every single intelligence agency involved came to the exact same conclusions the US and British did, that Saddam had WMD?

you were talking about wmd since before the first gulf war, so obviously it isnt relevent to this particular discussion as inspectors were looking for evidence of stockpiles and production since the mid 90's. and if you think it is, GUESS WHO SOLD THEM TO HIM??????

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Saddam is well known for his sadistic appetite for torturing and executing his own people. I at least feel better knowing he will not be torturing anyone else again, hopefully.

There will always be someone wanting to be the next saddam or binlater and we will have to deal with them as well, one way or another, like it or not.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface
    There will always be someone wanting to be the next saddam or binlater and we will have to deal with them as well, one way or another, like it or not.

yes what about 10 more when you'll be 10 times more weak and tired of checking everything (with it cost ) and go on war again and again (with it cost )...

Maybe it's time for peace (with the people) and for that we need to communicate for real to touch people hearts (but you are lying on them against them and they know it of course, and playing game with them) no confidence = no peace !

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

Not everyone wants to communicate, obviously, otherwise there would be peace right now and people like saddam would not exist, but they do. That?s just they way it is and all the wanting in the world will not change that. You can't just ask the entire population to simply play nice, it isn't very realistic.

It would be great if that worked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit