US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon,

You would have to be some kind of idiot or ignorant fool if you really believe that the reason given for the war has not changed. It is documented and available on myriads of documents and media sites and even people on this site have changed what the justification was / is.

This is just NOT true...again..the REASONS for the war have ALWAYS been the same...different speeches have emphasized different issues, but no reasons have been dismissed, or new ones invented.

SHAMUS,

If you see no difference between GW Bush and Saddam Hussein...that might be a BIG part of the problem with the world...or your view of it.

Saddam was a brutal dictator who tortured people for fun and is responsible for the deaths of over 1 million people...mostly muslims...so...where's the comparison...or is this all hyperbole on your part (just nod "yes")

• Simon
    Simon

Yeru. You are talking complate and utter tosh.

The reason for going to war given was that Iraq was an imminent threat and had WoMD. This is what we were told. There are numerous articles and things that can be referenced to prove this.

Now, you are trying to back up the new party mantra that the reason was to get rid of Saddam and that WoMD don't matter. This is simply political expediency by the government to cover up for the fact that the reason for the was was a fraud. There were no WoMD, they knew there weren't any and they went to great lengths to try and make out that there were with faked intelligence and dishonest interpretations and representations.

Explain please, if the reason was to get Saddam and this had always been the reason that the administration was saying before the war that Saddam could stay if he handed over WoMD?

Either Mr Bush ande his cronies are a bunch of dishonest liars or you are clutching at straws trying to justify the actions of your leader and cannot admit to the fact that you have been fed lies.

• amac
    amac

Yeru, a few questions...

Do you agree that the reason the US invaded Iraq was because he has WMD and was a clear and present danger to the US with the ability to attack us? If not, what was the reason?

Next...if you agree with the above...do you still HONESTLY believe that Saddam had WMD that posed a clear and present danger to the US and that they are yet to be found?

To everyone else,

Before patting ourselves on the back for removing an evil dictator...what about all the times that the US has helped install an evil dictator? Where were all the patriotic US "voices of reason" then?

By the way, Reborn, great post!

• shamus
    shamus
    If you see no difference between GW Bush and Saddam Hussein...that might be a BIG part of the problem with the world...or your view of it.

Another classic example of U.S. patriotic bigotry.

You just don't see it, do you Yeru? I honestly feel sorry for you. I should have known better than to reply in a political thread.

• shamus
    shamus

I guess all's what I can say, Yeru, is I'm not a part of an islamic millitant malitia against the U.S., nor am I affiliated with any terrorist organization, with the exception of the Jehovahs Witnesses. Yet you speak as if I am.

When I say that George Bush is a terrorist in the world, I mean it. It is only normal to come to that conclusion based on the simple fact that he and his administration lied. As far as I can see, George Bush should be on trial for every iraqi dead, and every american soldier dead. Saddam should be on trial for his atrosities, too. (my spelling is horrible, BTW)

• Xena
    Xena
    Another classic example of U.S. patriotic bigotry.

WTF???? You see no difference between Bush & Hussien? Your joking, right?

Please explain to me why not feeling the way you do on this is "classic US patriotic bigotry"...use simple words since I am an "idiot" american.

Thanks.

• Aztec
    Aztec

I'm not a Bush supporter by any means but, c'mon, Bush and Hussein similar? That's just overly emotional rhetoric.

~Aztec

• bisous
    bisous

Shamus, Simon...

Please know that not all American viewpoints are represented by what I view as the majority of 'political-thread' posters here on this site.

Because of the insults, condescending and sarcastic remarks that immediately develop when presenting non-conservative views, I quickly decided to cease posting on those threads. This approach was recommended to me by several of the very seasoned members here. Unfortunately, Simon you are right. Many folks here don't know how to debate.

And opinions are often presented as fact. When questioned, one is ridiculed. It just isn't worth the effort, it's like trying to debate Jehovah's Witnesses. An exercise in futility. Just dig those heels in and keep barking your beliefs.

So there are probably many more here that agree with you but just don't want to be bullied anymore.

I was in Paris when the war broke out. I was there 2 weeks before and 2 weeks after. I watched international news, read several international newspapers (okay now watch the flurry of French bashing remarks)....and believe me, many Americans have absolutely no idea of the world view of us and our administration. Sadly, many don't care either and use the cloak of "patriotism" as a catch all for defending US bad acts.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Simon, ole pal, Can't wait til the Army sends me back to Europe...I'm gonna make a special trip to the UK just to buy you and Englishman a beer...a BUSH beer (ha).

The reason for going to war given was that Iraq was an imminent threat and had WoMD. This is what we were told. There are numerous articles and things that can be referenced to prove this.The Administration, to the best of my knowldege...never said imminent threat...show me if I'm wrong.
    Now, you are trying to back up the new party mantra that the reason was to get rid of Saddam and that WoMD don't matter. Simon, Regime change has been the OFFICIAL POLICY of the US government since 1998...how is that the new party mantra...especially considering it was a Democratic president. The WMD DO still matter...but they weren't the only reason we went...we'll find em...in Syria and Lebenon.
    Explain please, if the reason was to get Saddam and this had always been the reason that the administration was saying bfore the war that Saddam could stay if he handed over WoMD? Appeasement...bald appeasement for folks who want to avoid war at any cost. However, had Saddam cooperated it would mean that he could be worked with.
    Either Mr Bush ande his cronies are a bunch of dishonest liars or you are clutching at straws trying to justify the actions of your leader and cannot admit to the fact that you have been fed lies. Simon, again...what SPECIFCALLY was the lie or lies?
    Do you agree that the reason the US invaded Iraq was because he has WMD and was a clear and present danger to the US with the ability to attack us? If not, what was the reason? His possession of WMD and his refusal to cooperate with the UN inspectors was PART of the reason...not the only reason. I don't recall "clear and present danger" being used as a term by the administration...but it may have been. The Adminstration gave myriad reasons...his refusal to cooperate with inspectors...his support of terrorists...violation of ceasefire...violation of sanctions...he was a bad person...etc etc etcNext...if you agree with the above...do you still HONESTLY believe that Saddam had WMD that posed a clear and present danger to the US and that they are yet to be found? Do I believe it...YES! You don't? He had WMD programs...that is established fact...and there's every reason to believe he had WMD...they're easy to hide... the evidence suggests...but doesn't prove he recently had some nasty stuff...the missles that were found back at the beginnning of the war that originally tested positive for nerve agent...but then tested pos for rocket fuel (if you empty the chems and put in the fuel...it overpowers the trace evidence of chems...this happened at several locations...including water trucks, etc this all fits in with the suggestion that ambulances and water trucks were used to transport chems into Syria right before the war. I think the Nuke stuff went to Iran.
    Before patting ourselves on the back for removing an evil dictator...what about all the times that the US has helped install an evil dictator? Where were all the patriotic US "voices of reason" then? You have a valid point...had the US not supported Batista in Cuba...Castro may never have happened...Communism and the cold war made for some strange bedfellows..and we didn't always choose wisely...but here's an example which might explain why the US does what it does in regards to dictators...Musharif in Pakistan is NO ANGEL...God knows that...but we support him...why? He's better than the alternative...which at this time is a Taliban type government...now...do you feel better with Musharif in charge of a country with Nukes...or would you rather the Taliban have them? That's why the US supports him.
    Another classic example of U.S. patriotic bigotry. Shamus...this is REALLY aggravating...make the comparison between Bush and Saddam...Saddam, responsible for the death of a million muslims...gassing his own people...trying to annex a country...there IS NO comparison...and it's guys like you with opinions like this that keep the fires of terrorism alive.
    When I say that George Bush is a terrorist in the world, I mean it. I'm quite certain you do mean it...which means the terrorists are winning, they have you blinded It is only normal to come to that conclusion based on the simple fact that he and his administration lied. And what exactly and SPECIFICALLY was that lie? As far as I can see, George Bush should be on trial for every iraqi dead, including the ones that were fighting which is most of the 5000-7000 estimated civilian FEDEYEEN dead. and every american soldier dead. Saddam should be on trial for his atrosities, too. (my spelling is horrible, BTW)Me too.

Come on now folks.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction.............boy did this thread deteriorate fast!!! LOL! Hey, I cracked up this morning............Dennis Kucinich made a comment about Bush talking about wanting to go to Mars and the Moon before the war has even ended..........he then said "maybe that's where the weapons of mass destruction are!"

(sunnygal running like hell as shoes and rocks are lobbed at her)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit