US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• shamus
    shamus
    At any rate, the UN as a whole was oppossed to this war...Russia was making money selling NVG's to the Iraqis (inspite of UN sanctions), France was making money selling forbidden weapons to the Iraqis (in spite of UN sanctions), and Germany was selling industrial goods (and a centrafuge) to the Iraqis, (inspite of UN sanctions), so...ya see, they had a vested interest to avoid war...and you can also see why I and those like me don't give a hoot about the UN...though that building would be great if it went CONDO.

This is all beside the point, Yeru. You are looking at details when the facts stare right in your face. (With all due respect, that is..)

• Pork Chop
    Pork Chop

Apparently the Brits have run four different tests on the mortar shells and they do contain a blister agent.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    This is all beside the point, Yeru. You are looking at details when the facts stare right in your face. (With all due respect, that is..)

No Shamus...this is all quite TOO the point...

First ...the US did NOT call of the search...second...had these countries supported the US and the UN Resolutions...Saddam might have not thought he could get away with it...and war would have been avoided...probably not, but with Russia and France actually helping Saddam militarily...he thought he could win.

Besides...how is it beside the point that RUSSIA might have helped Iraq move the WMD to Syria...that's beside the point?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    Rob it can't be a debate if one side keeps getting censored

Stacy,

With all due respect, do you have proof of any of this? I have been looking over my old political threads and it seems to me that Simon is merely presenting his side. I do not see him censoring anybody. I do see a couple of times where he gets on to TH and yet says nothing to the other side which is behaving just as snotty. if not more so. I know that many have left the forum but that was their choice. They left out of intolerance all the while claiming that it was Simon that is intolerant. I really do want to see proof of these accusations being hurled at Simon.

If you do have proof of this, not hearsay but proof, please bring it forward. If not, can we please get back on topic?

Robyn

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Rob feel free to get it back on topic. It is very difficult to offer proof of a missing post isn't it? One day you put it up and when you check back it's gone. So believe what you want. But consider this, have you ever noticed Simon going off the deep end when Yeru posts a link to a conservative site? Think maybe he doesn't like such things posted here?

• Robdar
    Robdar
    So believe what you want.

I want to believe the truth. It is all I care about.

But consider this, have you ever noticed Simon going off the deep end when Yeru posts a link to a conservative site? Think maybe he doesn't like such things posted here?

No, but I was away for awhile and don't get back much except on weekends. Did he actually censor Yeru's post or merely state that he didn't like it which is his right to do? Do you have a link?

Robyn

• Simon
    Simon

Stacy

You do NOT answer or debate any political posts but just resort to attacking me or attacking poeple who share my viewpoint. You cannot debate and you know it.

You are lucky to post at all after the personal insults you have made toward me and when you do this now, I am simply deleting your post. Don't try and make out it's because of the political content because it isn't - as I've said, you do not even attempt to answer the questions raised because you are incapable of anything more than trivial argument and rhetoric.

Also, don't claim that you just did it once and that it was a joke. I've had to edit or delete your insults many times and you are becoming old and stale. Seems you are aiming to be a martyr.

• Simon
    Simon

I stand by my words which were not an insult directed at anyone:

You would have to be some kind of idiot or ignorant fool if you really believe that the reason given for the war has not changed. It is documented and available on myriads of documents and media sites and even people on this site have changed what the justification was / is.

• shamus
    shamus

Yeru,

You need time away from America. I say this only because you have no idea... I really wish that you could live in another country for a while. Things there are not black and white, as much as I too would like things to be sometimes.

Sometimes when you help people out, you insult them. Imagine being just insulted and defeated.

Although I seriously differ with you, Yeru, I really hope that you will one day see the light. As of this point, I have nothing against you, nothing at all. However, your views are based solely on U.S. propaganda (U.S. media sources). When you learn to step out of the box you're in, America, you will come to a clear understanding of how your country treats people, and a clear understanding of truth.

Until such time, you remain blinded by CNN, ABC, NBC, and other American propaganda machines.

• shamus
    shamus

I guess one more thing that I can add is look how people respond to these threads! How many non-american people support this war on this thread? On any thread?

If you did a poll here if people supported what Bush and Blair did you would probably find 5 non-american's out of thousands and thousands. The reason why more people don't speak up is because they do not want to get into what they percieve to be "Flame Wars".

I am not saying that America has not done lots for the world, but c'mon, give me a break! That does not entitle you to live by your own rules in any civililzation!

Frankly, George W. Bush is no better than Saddam Hussein. There is barely any difference.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit