US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• Aztec
    Aztec
    That's because the reasons never changed...GEESH!

Did so! The reasons changed many times. Don't you remember the emphasis on WMD? The supposed links to Al Quaeda? The 'proof' that Iraq was going to threaten our way of life? All of it bullsh*t! If Bush and Co. could have said "we think Saddam is a threat to Iraqi's and we want him out of power" I could've gotten behind that. I'd really like to see a couple of other dictators gone to be honest. I feel for Liberia and North Korea.

I'm neither a liberal nor a Simon lackey so I don't know what you mean Stacy. I'm entirely independant and entirely opinionated so, there! I actually agree with you on a few of your statements. I think jealousy (and/or resentment) may be part of the reason some fundamentalists hate us. It's so completly complicated though. No simple statements by either of us is going to get at the root problem. Ah, well....

~Aztec

PS My spelling sucks before 9 am so I apologize.

• shamus
    shamus

Stacy,

If you find my comments so horrifying, then please, do stop posting here! To suggest so and "drum up support" for your cause just because I am speaking my mind is silly. Also, I am not anti-american. Sorry.

You can either look at the way that people view you, or not. I sincerely hope that you go walk a mile in a muslim's shoes before you judge any of my statements. I would really ask one why they hate the u.s. so much. The reasons are much different than what you just posted.

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

"at least now Iraq has a chance at a democracy."

Yeah, funny! Just as funny as the idea of democracy in Afghanistan. The Arab nations, Central Asian nations, never have had democracy or any wish for democrarcy. They are old feudal states, where your link to tribes or families is what matters. The so-called "democratic" experiment of Afghanistan has impact on parts of the capital, Kabul, whereas in the 99 % remaining parts of the country there is business as usual, conflicting tribes and war lords. Saddam's tribe had the power in Iraq, now a new tribe will emerge. The country is divided n three, the Kurdish terrorists in the North, the Sunni Moslems in the central parts and the Shiite pro-Iran Moslems of the South. Imagining that these three different directions would cooperate is pure fiction. The day the Kurdish leader says to the Shiite leader that "Oh shit! We only got 28 % of the votes, and the Sunni ones 19 %, but you guys got 53 %, so now you are the leaders, and of course we'll do everything we can to cooperate with you guys and live in peaceful harmony as true democrats should" - is the day the birds fly backwards, the fish walk on land and each and every one of the WT prophecies come true!

Democracy in Iraq? Please, take care not to forget your medication!

• D8TA
    D8TA
    riiiight, many reasons for the US to be hated isn't there? Jealousy, stupidity and let's not forget while you're passing judgement on the US that we'd be more hated if we allowed the horror that was Iraq to exist without going in there.

These sort of condoned comments makes me wonder why anyone from the US would bother posting here.

Hey it´s another: ¨The Big Bad World Hates the U.S. and They Have Proof and Reason, But I Don´t Like It Because It Makes Me Remove My H.F.M.A. So I Will Be A Cry Baby¨ argument from Ms. Smith.

Here is another reason why most of the people in the world (much of which I have traveled and you have not) do not like the U.S.:

Ignorant U.S. citizens who have no clue what their government is doing in the rape of other socities and cultures, and then wine on internet message boards about how they do not understand why people dislike American policies when presented with evidence that prove such.

(Edited for spelling, grammar, and the greasy monke who left his finger prints.)

• shamus
    shamus
    Ignorant U.S. citizens who have no clue what their government is doing in the to rape other socities and cultures, and then wine on internet message boards about how they do not understand why people dislike American policies when presented with evidence that say such.

Oh god, yes! How you took the words right out of my mouth!!!

American's who have that attitude have no freakin' idea how other cultures are, and want to force democracy down they're throats. The only thing that people want is for the U.S. to leave them alone.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    The day the Kurdish leader says to the Shiite leader that "Oh shit! We only got 28 % of the votes, and the Sunni ones 19 %, but you guys got 53 %, so now you are the leaders, and of course we'll do everything we can to cooperate with you guys and live in peaceful harmony as true democrats should" - is the day the birds fly backwards, the fish walk on land and each and every one of the WT prophecies come true!

OLD HIPPIE, humming birds DO fly backwards and there is a variety of fish that DOES walk on land from one pond to the other....we all know that the WT prophecies aren't made by prophets but rather FOR PROFITS...so that one doesn't apply. Hey...when the Magna Carta was signed the British had a fuedal society that didn't have a history of or desire for democracy.

• toreador
    toreador

well said, Amazing.

• ThiChi
    ThiChi

Would we would do better under....

• roybatty
    roybatty

I find it ammusing that poster are saying "Ha! The US is pulling it's WMD people out of Iraq." Then Yeru posts the real story showing that this wasn't the case and "poof" previous alligations are just forgotton. Why?

Personally, I could careless if they find WMD or not. Intelligence about the military of other countries is never 100%. The people of Iraq are better off without Saddam and, again, good for them but whatever.

There is only one thing these countries in the middle east are going to listen to and that if superior military force. People do not realize that they are going to keep doing what they do (i.e. support terrorism) unless they know for sure they will be next on the US's invasion list. Why do you think Libya suddenly wants to be a "nice" nation? Why is Syria suddenly not the the terrorist resort it use to be?

Sheesh, people, just look at the way the Brits and Frech screwed up during the 1930's and didn't check Hitler's hand when they had the chance. I can't believe that there are so many people out there that think it's ok to have these world leaders around that are leading their people against the US. Leaders that, given the opportunity, would love to strike against the US. Sure, we should have just waited until AFTER Saddam had nukes. That's exactly what Clinton did in the 1990's with North Korea and look at that mess.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

"Against stupidity, the gods themselves contend in vain"

From the Maid of Orleans"

I'm not calling anyone here stupid...but there's this principle in the catholic church called invincible ignorance...some people just don't want to know.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit