US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

I am stunned by how some ex-cult memebers, well aware of concepts like 'new light' used by the Borg to alter its position without admiting past error, are so nationalistic as to blinded to their government doing the same thing.

The report shown below has been rather under-reported in the US press... a rather nice phrase in it is "Administration officials systematically misrepresented the threat from Iraq's WMD and ballastic missle program...". Make no mistakes, don't believe the hype; on the eve of the war it was because of WoMD, no matter what is said now.

So, in November, decide whether you would like to vote for a party whose last President lied about oral sex... or one where the President has presided over deliberate misrepresentation of information in order to justify a war where thousands have died. That's a simple choice, even for Republicans...

• TheOldHippie
    TheOldHippie

Finally, there is documented proof that Saddam was working with Al Qaeda ******************

Oh yeah, then please print it here, or give the link, prove it - since you obviously sit on pooofs the rest of the world hasn't seen yet!

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    And people don't believe me when I say that the US changed their reasons for going to war with Iraq several times.

Aztec,

That's because the reasons never changed...GEESH!

As to giving up the search....well....first, let's verify the veracity of this report...second...I was under the impression that the force employed to seek WMD number around 1200...it that's the case...that still leaves 800 there.

• shamus
    shamus

Yeru,

This was the top story on Canadian National News last night. I assure you that it is true. The reason why you probably haven't heard about it is because the U.S. does not like that kind of news. So they don't play it.

I know that we're all kinda pointing fingers saying "I told ya so".... but there is no other way to put this!

I made a comment before they invaded, about how it was going to be another Viet Nam. It already is. And what the hell is the U.S. going to do about it now? They are going to abandon them soon enough, and they'll be screwed. SCREWED! That's why Britain gave up trying to run Iraq many many years ago... because they are one messed up country!

U.S. hate will only increase because of this.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

shamus

In what ways specifically does Iraq compare to Vietnam?

WASHINGTON (AFP) - A 400-strong US military team that has been searching for illicit weapons in Iraq have been withdrawn after finding nothing of substance, although a separate group looking for weapons of mass destruction still remains in the country, The New York Times revealed."They picked up everything that was worth picking up," one US official told Thursday's edition of the daily, referring to the Joint Captured Materiel Exploitation Group, made up of technical experts headed by an unidentified Australian brigadier.

The team's task included searching weapons depots and other sites for missile launchers that might have been used with illicit weapons, another also unidentified Defense Department official was quoted as saying.

The withdrawal of the 400-member military team was seen by some military officials as a sign that the US government may no longer expect to uncover chemical or biological weapons in Iraq, the daily said.

A separate military team tasked with disposing of chemical or biological weapons in Iraq remains part of the 1,400-member Iraq Survey Group that has been searching for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq since Iraqi dictator Saddam Hussein was overthrown, a member of the survey group said.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040108/323/eilka.html

Sure doesn't sound to me like the search has been called off...I didn't see any of this info in the Irish report...did I miss it?

• shamus
    shamus

The bloodshed. Trying to "keep the peace". True, it is not exactly like Vietnam, but U.S. soldiers and iraqi's are dying every day! That's what happens when someone invades your country... people will strike back any way that they can.

In Viet Nam they had suicide bombers in towns, too.

It strikes me as being very similar.

I just wish that the U.S. had not done anything... it really bothers me to see people dying every day, and with an outcome that will be poor at best.. more likely horrible.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Shamus,

People were dying everyday in Iraq before the war...but usually they were tortured and raped first...at least now Iraq has a chance at a democracy.

Further...people were dying everyday in Germany after WW2...was that also like Vietnam? No...there is no similarity between Iraq and Vietnam.

Shamus...see my post above...I added a news article that talks about the Weapons team...the search has NOT been called off.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Yeru just allow Simons band of yes men to agree with each other and let it go. Nothing good comes from discussing politics with liberals on this site.

• shamus
    shamus

I could not disagree with you more, Yeru.

I am not talking about what Saddam Hussein did to his people. That is common knowledge. Throwing that into the argument is nonsense.

The only reason why the U.S. invaded iraq was because of its direct threat with weapons of mass destruction! That is the only reason. True, he did torture and kill many people, but that is not the point. If the U.S. didn't like him so much then they should have killed him during the first war.

The international community would have freaked out if Bush had invaded for that one reason... because he kills his civillians! There was enough outrage as there was...

Face it. There are no WEapons of Mass Destruction. We can wait around for 10 years if you want, but they're not there. The u.s. is just stalling, and everybody knows it.

The entire fiasco is not only illegal but immoral.

What is the total death count of Iraqi's from the war? Something the u.s. is not too keen on releasing. How many would Saddam have killed? That many???

And why did the U.S. get involved anyways? It's none of they're dam business. It's no wonder that the U.S. is one of the most hated countries in the world... and it's a shame, too.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    It's no wonder that the U.S. is one of the most hated countries in the world

riiiight, many reasons for the US to be hated isn't there? Jealousy, stupidity and let's not forget while you're passing judgement on the US that we'd be more hated if we allowed the horror that was Iraq to exist without going in there.

These sort of condoned comments makes me wonder why anyone from the US would bother posting here.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit