US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• Waymores Ghost
    Waymores Ghost

As a Canadian, I'm really pissed at Bush. In the months leading up to the invasion of Iraq, I was solidly behind Bush. But I kept waiting for the evidence of WMD to show, it never did. Whenever Blix would announce some gain or advance in their search, the Bush adm. would downplay it. All the while they kept talking about some so-called evidence which ultimately never materialized, and in fact people at high levels of both the Brit and U.S. governments knew the evidence was "juiced up" to convince citizens of the urgent need to invade Iraq. At this point, it is very evident that the U.S. agenda was to invade Iraq from the outset.

This is not the gulf war. Iraq was not invading or bothering anyone else. In our culture, you don't invade another country unless it poses CLEAR AND PRESENT DANGER to your country. WMD were used as the reason for invading Iraq; it is clear that the main objective all along was not to rid Saddam of WMD, but to simply go after Saddam. Bush was patently dishonest. You would have to be very convincing to make me believe that Bush didn't know what was going on with the intelligence, either.

The whole thing stinks

Wg

• Simon
    Simon
    That's because the reasons never changed...GEESH!

Ha ha ... ha ha ha ... ha ha ha ha ha

Yeru, you crack me up !

It had to be a joke right? I mean, you'd have to be some kind of [deleted] with your head burried in a bucket to believe that the reason for war had never changed !!

Blair isn't getting away with it because we tend not to have the mass short term amnesia that seems to let Bush off the hook simply because they caught Saddam (and then promote that as the reason they went there)

• foreword
    foreword

Yeru I agree...

you do suffer from invincible ignorance....

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Simon

It had to be a joke right? I mean, you'd have to be some kind of moron with your head burried in a bucket to believe that the reason for war had never changed !!

So the guy that is insulted the easiest tosses out insults like there is no tomorrow.

From a Simon asskisser

Yeru I agree...

you do suffer from invincible ignorance....

Again Yeru why do you bother? You get insulted and slapped around. Your posts, as mine, will be deleted and you'll receive reproof from this cyber KH if you even think about offering comments such as Simon and his asskissers offer here.

Just give it up Yeru. This is the most one way forum on the net.

• Aztec
    Aztec

Yeru is not ignorant. He just sees things from his perspective they way all of us do. I don't agree with him very often but, I like him and I enjoy reading what he has to say. (Even when he's wrong )

~Aztec

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Aztec,

You're a sweetheart...SMOOCHES!

Whenever Blix would announce some gain or advance in their search, the Bush adm. would downplay it.

Blix made gains and advances in his search? When....where? Blix is the same guy who said Saddam wasn't cooperating in any substanative way. Blix is the guy who said Korea didn't have Nukes, nor a nuke program. The US has found a lot of the stuff Blix and crew couldn't. Blix had one goal, he didn't want to be the guy who found WMD...he was of the "avoid war at all costs" crowd. Blix, IMHO, is a complete blithering idiot.

Ya'll keep saying the reasons for the war changed...where's this evidence?

• wasasister
    wasasister

I fotget....is the word "moron" considered an insult or a compliment?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

That depends on your culture, wasa ;)

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Evidently, on 60 minutes tomorrow, Paul Oneil will confirm that the Bush administration began planning Iraq in its first few days in office, long before 9/11 came along and gve them something to latch on to for their illegitimate mockery of legitimacy.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

The question of whether or not the Saddam regime had WMDs or not is almost a moot point now.

The simple fact is, the USA had a golden opportunity to invade Iraq for humanitarian reasons while Saddam was busy slaughtering his own people. We failed to do so.

It was not until we manufactured the WMDs ourselves (i.e. "Wag the Dog") that we felt justified in invading Iraq and terminating the oppressive regime there.

The fact that we invaded and toppled the Saddam regime is a good thing.

The bad part is that, instead of doing so for humanitarian reasons, we did so under the guise of fantasy. We are now viewed as bullies instead of heroes because of this.

It was a horrible bureaucratic blunder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit