US calls off search for weapons of mass destruction

by WhyNow2000 193 Replies latest social current

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

YES it is a long job and it will never be perfect, but it doesn't begin with : WAR, and GREEDINESS OVER POOR PEOPLE !!! Not a chance !

only my 2 cents

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

French,

I gotta call ya on this one...how was this a war of greed? Who's making all the big money? How are the poor being taken advantage of. French, the problem I see with your world view is you have no plan for dealing with folks like Saddam, or Quadaffi, or Hitler, or anyone else. The mantra seems to be the rich are taking advantage of the poor...but with no plan on dealing with real issues...I hope in all this that you're not suggesting that those who are poor are somehow entitled to the redistribution of the wealth of the rich. But enough on that.

you were talking about wmd since before the first gulf war, so obviously it isnt relevent to this particular discussion as inspectors were looking for evidence of stockpiles and production since the mid 90's. Oh, it's quite relevant. Part of the seize fire agreement was that Saddam account for all these WMD...it didn't happen. Further, all western intelligence services...the US, the Brits, the Russians, the French, and anyone else you care to name all said that Saddam had WMD...in the 1990's. Were they all wrong? If so...why. If they were wrong it's because Saddam went to lengths to make it appear as if he did. and if you think it is, GUESS WHO SOLD THEM TO HIM?????? As best I can tell the US did give Anthrax to Saddam...and that's it. If it was more than that...given the circumstances it was dumb but understandable. However, IF we did give him the capability then it was even more our responsibility to take him out. However, I'm quite certain that the US did NOT provide the Ricin that found it's way into the UK last year, you know, the Ricin that came from Iraq.

the peopel are better off without Saddam another indisputable fact

Some people will be, no doubt. Some won't. I think it's far, far too early to start declaring a big success. Simon, More schools are open, more hospitals are open, more businesses are open. The people have more electricity, and a higher standard of living. They can now voice their opinions publically without fear of having their families tortured in front of them. I say that qualifies as better off...unless you're a former Batthist in which case your standard of living has gone down. It's plain that America now wants to drop the whole thing and go home as fast as it can. No Simon, SOME ELEMENTS of the US want that...not the majority...and we will not cut and run...This is one of the reasons I'll be voting Bush in 2004. Unfortunately, if they do this and leave the country in a very unstable state then there is a good chance that there could be civil war and many more deaths. Agreed, which is why we must stay the course...things are improving there by any standard but the Batthists...we'll be there for years to come.

Apart from there never being the real reason for war, there was also never a good plan for peace. A grand half-baked plan. I think they did meet more resistence from the dead enders than they thought they would...and the largest failure was not planning for more Iraqis to be trained to police the country right away...and with the proper equipment...that point is conceded. As for the reasons for the war...we'll never agree on that one I guess.

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

Yeru,

You know about greediness ok ! nothing new under the sun ... (And If you don't know about that I don't think whatever we could talk about will make sense)

let me remind you that Arabie souadi is your real enemy in this matter (UNDERSTAND ? but they've got monney) what happen to them ? No US choosed to fight against Afgans an Irakies LOL (the poors) that's WEAK ...

< The problem I see with your world view is you have no plan for dealing with folks like Saddam, Or Quadaffi, or Hitler.

FIRST OF ... IS "THAT" YOUR PLAN ? building them (Dictators, in knowing who they are) and then get a chance to play game in lying both way ... So the US and others greedy's plans is not about dealing but steeling (does that have any chance to lead to at least a conventionel peace !!! Not a chance !!!)

< The mantra seems to be the rich are taking advantage of the poor...

Again ... It's not true maybe ? whatever ...
    and let me for once put it this way for emphasis about THE PROBLEM with you guy's : Do you remember that your enemies was the arabia Saoudi !!! are you in war with them ? NO ... why ... because they have means and enough money to buy Weapons terroriste armies ? You didn't solve any probleme you make it worse and more complicated (they need to be more sneaky now - well - as well as the US and again both side - and the figthers are not the rulers that is why there must be a solution (if "the figters" get a chance to THINK) but we're not gonna find any good solution if we are busy lying on each other, and keep our heads in the sand about the subject ...

< but with no plan on dealing with real issues...

Well if we had time to make plans before your gov lied to run into war ... US and SOME Others are kind MATCHIST and the world is like a woman or a man ... you need to talk ... not strike or manipulate to get what you want ... Or be prepared for REVOLUTION.

< I hope in all this that you're not suggesting that those who are poor are somehow entitled to the redistribution of the wealth of the rich. But enough on that.

Maybe you think that the rich are intitled to steel the poor without a plus no consideration ??? PLEASE. What you just said is so AMERICAN. Remember on how much poor death and misery your fals economy wealth sit on ??? ... (but please don't cry for greedy people - no need ...) How can the US be so badly Arrogant !

Don't tell us about the school and evrything Simon is right ... WHAT IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE SITUATION ? ... And have to leave ! Ooops ... not the first time, your own gov did tell they had no long term plan on how to handle the situation, and don't know how to handle this for sure ... BUT THEY WANTED AND DID WAR ANYWAY ??? is that MATURE ? Did they really think about those people ? ... See ... stop lying to yourself

• frenchbabyface
    frenchbabyface

just for emphasis : cause it is important !!!

the figthers are not the rulers that is why there must be a solution

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit