Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• NukePoet
    NukePoet
    OK, this argument is old and tired...

OK then if the government would stop killing people for oil Fields, then those of us who are not playing follow the leader would quit using it.

Not my kids, not my war.

• czarofmischief
    czarofmischief
    True...but I know a lot of dead solider's families that will be voting democratic...

Really? How many? Or is this just a hyperbolic assumption on your part? Evidence, please.

The French tried to build an empire. We are not. That's the main difference. We are trying to get the Iraqis to build a government friendly to our philosophy.

The French did NOT have the correct assessment of this situation. They wanted the money from Saddam. They bought his oil even when their precious UN said not to. So they have spread wild rumors of urban entanglement, long-drawn out Vietnam situations, and the notion of Bush as some kind of Nazi. None of which has come to pass. We are winning, and the rebuilding work moves forward at an incredible pace.

Do you know that it took years for the US to write its Constitution? And we didn't have a powerful army standing by to protect us from foreign interference. And we had no previously established way to protect the minority rights while ensuring majority rule - we had to make it up as we went along. I'm just saying that the Iraq situation has a lot going for it, and while there are differences between groups, they seem to be willing to talk it out and negotiate. The only ones not at the table are the Fedayeen and former Baathists, who are sitting, waiting for us to get tired and go home, so they can overthrow the new government.

So, Iraq has come a long way in a VERY short time. It takes a while for democratic tradition to take root. We were still passing pro-Federalist acts well into the 1790's. Our own democratic history is bloody, violent, and illegal. Did you know that Andy Jackson defied a Supreme Court decision when he did the infamous "Trail of Tears?" I don't think there is a President since Lincoln that has been able to defy the Supreme Court, especially in this age of mass media.

The Iraqis are coming around very quickly, and while the man in the street is obviously concerned over things like water and electricity - at least the mass starvations that the UN insisted would happen without Saddam in charge have not happened!

We succeeded despite the Franco-Germans, and they are mad as hell about it. We, with invaluable assistance from Britain and Australia (and Spain, and others), showed freedom's power and ability, and scared the hell out of those corrupt oligarchs.

Let freedom ring! The people of Iraq are free to march, and demonstrate for the first time in generations! They are free to start their own newspapers, free to pursue happiness. Freedom!

CZAR

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    We are trying to get the Iraqis to build a government friendly to our philosophy.

You are not part of the we doing anything in Iraq. You don't get to send other people's children to their death for your opinion of what they should die for, ie: Czar's American revolution fantasies. The we who are in Iraq did not say they were doing this for Iraq's peoples liberation, so you don't get to come along and spew that arguement cavalierly while other people die and come home without vital body parts.

Not without me pointing out what you are doing.

You are young, get your ass in the army and ask to go to Iraq.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    OK then if the government would stop killing people for oil Fields, then those of us who are not playing follow the leader would quit using it.

Not my kids, not my war.

Nuke,

Again, tired arguement as it is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that no oil fields are being taken...and that oil production is now done for the Iraqi people instead of Saddam (and the French). Show me ONE SHRED of evidence that this war was for oil...other than your opinion.

Not my kids, not my war.
    Not your choice...if your kids make the decision to join the military it doesn't matter what you say...nice catchy slogan though. I recommend you sit with a picture of one of Saddam's mass graves in front of you and contemplate for a while.
  • Valis
    Valis

*LOL* I heard on the news the turkey Goerge was holding was a decoration and not even a real turkey...*LOL* Super cheese if you ask me....*LOL*

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

You heard this Valis?

I'm convinced *LOL*

• Badger
    Badger

Stacy: I also heard the secret service had to intercept a pretzel bomber.

I hope to God that Bush uses that footage in his reelection campaign...and that Clark or Dean bust out his AWOL from the National Guard past. (or, in Clark's case, footage of Clark wearing a uniform with an EARNED rank.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Valis,

Please reference the "fake turkey" story.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It wasn't a "fake" turkey, as I understand it, but it wasn't the turkey being served either, it was a decorative turkey he grabbed for the photo op.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Again, tired arguement as it is ABUNDANTLY CLEAR that no oil fields are being taken...

Yeru,

You're not keeping current with the latest news reports ....

Intelligence sources now acknowledge that some have been spotted being moved to Iran and Syria.

***** Rub a Dub

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit