Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Yes, the Democrats do seem to be Lemmings.

• Badger
    Badger

True...but I know a lot of dead solider's families that will be voting democratic...

The Bush visit was a politcal move....and completely fair. Any public official has the right (nay, duty) to see troops in the field:

Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton all visited troops in the field. Bush is within his rights.

But he should've said: "After this turkey, you get to go home. Sorry I sent you here, but I need that precious, precious oil."

• NukePoet
    NukePoet
    The Bush visit was a politcal move....and completely fair. Any public official has the right (nay, duty) to see troops in the field:

I totally agree.

Lincoln, Roosevelt, Eisenhower, Johnson, Nixon, Clinton all visited troops in the field. Bush is within his rights.

But he should've said: "After this turkey, you get to go home. Sorry I sent you here, but I need that precious, precious oil."

I think you hit the nail on the head, albeit the coffin nail.

Blood for oil, there is nothing new under the sun.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

nah, oil doesn't make any sense. Oil we have, oil we can buy. Even Iraqi oil, even now, we'll have to buy it.

But oilfield and all other types of reconstruction, now that is a billion dollar job for companies like Halliburton.

Simply shameful.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

surprise surprise, it's not all American companies doing the rebuilding.

wah wah wah

It certainly won't be french companies and that brings a smile to my face

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Why?

The french were absolutely correct in their assesment of this blunder.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Oh the french are so pure. They had the Iraqi's best interests at heart didn't they? They never once thought of Iraq as a source of oil or a source of contracts for their construction companies.

They weren't right, they were dissapointed.

• Satanus
    Satanus

France has experience in trying to colonize arab sand. They had their asses kicked out of algeria not so long ago.

SS

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    They never once thought of Iraq as a source of oil or a source of contracts for their construction companies.

huh?

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    Blood for oil, there is nothing new under the sun.

OK, this arguement is old and tired...it's more than obvious this was not about oil...not this time...

The French Germans and Russians had 120 BILLION reasons to oppose the war in Iraq (the total of Saddam's debt to these countries. They also had oil deals worked out (Iraqi blood for oil to France...now the "blood for oil" charge makes sense. The French could care less how many Iraqis were being killed by Saddam...as long as they had their oil concessions...the brand new French missles found in Iraq are interesting too. And Yes, there are plenty of companies other than US companies involved in the rebuilding effort.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit