Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Six, I have to admit that the news coverage of it today is a bit heavy. It was a good move, for many reasons, but there is other news worth reporting.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

The secrecy of it was actually brilliant politically, although it was no doubt a more pragmatic decision than political. It was simply a much safer way to do it.

I may think Bush is unqualified for his job, but I know that Karl Rove is well qualifed for his.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

Freedom, Have you spoken to any of the military personnel in town lately? My brother-in-law is in the army. He just got back from Afghanistan. He says that a lot of people in the military are upset with Bush and his administration. One of the biggest reasons for this is they don't feel they have a commander-in-cheif that actually understands what they are going through. In light of this, I think Dubya's visit to Iraq was a very good thing. Politically and morale wise for our boys over there. I'm still voting against him, though.

Another reason some in the military are unhappy with this administration is that Sec. of Defense Rumsfeld is trying to get rid of military schools and the base exchanges. True the military doesn't need these things, but they make it possible for them to have a family and a somewhat "normal" life while protecting us.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge
    Did anyone else get completely iritated when he wore that flight suit a while back?

Not me. He flew jets in the National Guard and wore them then... he's entitled, he paid those dues.... Now if he hadn't served, I might think it would be a little odd.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    Not me. He flew jets in the National Guard and wore them then... he's entitled, he paid those dues.... Now if he hadn't served, I might think it would be a little odd.

lol.

He used the National Guard and his family contacts to dodge the draft and stayed out of Vietnam. At least Clinton did it for reasons he believed in.

• lastcall
    lastcall

Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

I don't know ask the turkey.

alt LC

• donkey
    donkey

I don't like Bush. But I like the democratic candidates even less.

• Thunder Rider
    Thunder Rider

Regardless of whether you like his politics or not, our sons and daughters are over there and if something as simple as the President showing up unanounced for Thanksgiving dinner will raise morale, I'm all for it.
    <br><br><br>I did not vote in the last election. I wlll be voting for him in the next election. When men like Ted Kennedy hate someone that vehemently, he must be doing something right.
    <br><br><br>Thunder

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

Six, if you're in the National Guard, you are not dodging the draft. You are actually in the military and subject to be called up to active duty at any time. That his unit wasn't activated and deployed to Vietnam is not his call, unlike another who actively protested the US and is believed to have burned the flag on foreign soil.

Did anyone else get completely iritated when he wore that flight suit a while back?

As a matter of fact, benji, I was rather proud of him. Flying a jet aircraft isn't exactly child's play, especially the fighter jets of the time. Active duty or reserves, flying fighter jets takes a lot of nerve, skill and training.

• Satanus
    Satanus

We bitched about his hiding of dead soldiers brought back. I think it's bad that the administration is cutting the various military payments and benefits. I can't knock this bagdad visit at all.

SS

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit