Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Frightening. Truly frightening.

• blondie
    blondie

At least six other presidents have visited war zones since Lincoln.

Dwight Eisenhower, as president-elect, went to Korea in 1952. Presidents Lyndon Johnson and Richard Nixon went to Vietnam, Johnson twice, between 1966 and 1969. Bush's father, George H.W. Bush, visited U.S. troops in Saudi Arabia on Thanksgiving 1990 before the start of the first Persian Gulf war. And Bill Clinton in 1999 went to Macedonia during the fighting in Kosovo.

I think Roosevelt went to Yalta during WW2 as well.

Blondie

• Xandria
    Xandria

Well.. I think in the whole scope of the issue it all boiled down to politics. While it was a nice jester and boosted morale, it also had strong politic ties to it. Yes, it was a ballsy act, but would of been more so.. if it did not involved approval ratings, re-election drives, and competition. Remember Hillary went to another area here.

X.

• Satanus
    Satanus

After thinking about this for a few days, the question comes to mind, was this bush/iraq visit a reaction to hillory's planned afghan visit? If it was a reaction to her action, well, it's not that much of a biggie, but it shows who has the balls.

SS

• NukePoet
    NukePoet

Its all a bullshit snow job-business as usual political maneuvering and a mass distraction campaign.

I love my country

but I live in fear of my government.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    I love my country

but I live in fear of my government.

That seems very reasonable.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

He is damned if he did and damned if he did not -- glad he did it -- I say ballsy

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed
    After thinking about this for a few days, the question comes to mind, was this bush/iraq visit a reaction to hillory's planned afghan visit? If it was a reaction to her action, well, it's not that much of a biggie, but it shows who has the balls.

News reports stated that Bush started planning his trip in mid October. Was it possible Hillary somehow got wind of it and planned hers too? Or, did they both come up with the idea around the same time? Regardless, if the Bush visit was strictly political in nature, isn't Hillary's also?

While watching video of both vists and eating with the troops, I noticed a distinct difference in the demeanor of the troops when Bush was there and when Hillary was there.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim

Ahhh, the usual Bush Bashing going on again I see.

Going to Iraq was the RIGHT THING...we soldiers think so anyhow.

I've yet to meet a soldier that isn't going to vote for Bush.

• NukePoet
    NukePoet

Lemming.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit