Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• Xandria
    Xandria

The news just came on with a "Special Report" and my husband looked at me and said, "UH Oh what now??" The newscaster came on.. "President Bush in a operation that outdone the CIA in secrecy..blah blah blah".

Bottom line... The President flew into Iraq to spend Thanksgiving with the troops. Air Force One.. was blacked and it flew out at night. He certainly suprised the troops. But the one up manship would of been if he dragged Saddam and Ben Laden in by thier heels proclaiming the war over. He did one up Hillary Clinton though.. she was in Afganistan for Thanksgiving.

X.

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

Well stupid or ballsy it's a very decent thing to do. I'm sitting here in the comfort of my parents home, he left that behind.

Hooray for Hillary too.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

It's political desperation. Did he wear a flight-suit too?

He knows that no informed person believes that he's strong on defense or even respectful of America's military men who he has used as canon fodder to police a castle of cards built by chickenhawks.

So he throws a parade with shiny stuff for the non-informed, the ignorant, in hopes that they can carry him thru another 4 years.

Inform thyself America, don't hire this unqualified man again. He just does not have the skill sets for the job.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Even Napolean viewed the pyramids.

Bradley

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    So he throws a parade with shiny stuff for the non-informed, the ignorant, in hopes that they can carry him thru another 4 years.

Yes and as one of the non-informed and ignorant I will vote for him so he can lead us another 4 years. It's difficult to vote for people who like Dean who's platform is "I hate bush". Us non-informed ignorant people need a little more than that.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Stacey,

Is there anything about Bush or the Republicans that you don't like? I'm all too curious.

Bradley

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith
    Is there anything about Bush or the Republicans that you don't like? I'm all too curious.

Happy Thanksgiving Bradley. You bet there is, not the least of which is the stance on gay marriages. I support the lessor of two evils like most people. In my mind the republicans represent me on more issues than democrats.

Now you don't have to be curious. Is there anything about the democrats you don't like?

• freedom96
    freedom96

Living in a military city, I come across men and women that are in the armed services. I have the opportunity many times to talk with them about all that is going on.

Every one that I have met, thinks the world of our President, and never have had anything bad to say about him.

Curious, isn't it, that there are Bush bashers complaining while they are safe on American soil, and yet these are the guys putting their life on the line, and yet they don't complain, they admire and say great things about our President.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

I read an article earlier this week touting that Hillary was scheduled to go to Iraq and Afghanistan today too. Bet she's really pissed now, LOL.

It was a good and gutsy move for Bush to do. However, he isn't the first. Even Clinton dropped in on Kosovo and there wasn't half the danger involved there. Nixon and Johnson both visited Vietnam, 1969 and 1967. Other Presidents have also visited troops in the field and it does help morale, especially when he can identify with them.

The political desparation will be those that try to bash Bush for doing exactly what many other Presidents have done, visit with those he has had to place in harm's way.

Good move, George, I hope Hillary is fuming right now.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

I have to admit, it was a good move.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit