Balls of Steel or just plain stupidity ???

by Xandria 95 Replies latest social current

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Here's the story, along with some history. Is it ok for Bush to be a big phoney if alot of other presidents where big phonies? That is such a cool thing about Clark, he's lived monumental moments in history and shaped their outcome. His story and life are fascinating without embellishment. And best of all, he's not afraid of horses.

• Yerusalyim
    Yerusalyim
    BUSH?S BIRD is big and luscious, golden brown and generously garnished. But, The Washington Post reported on Thursday, the bird was just a prop. Soldiers were actually served from steam trays; the White House said the turkey in the photograph was simply on hand to prettify the chow line.
    The revelation is the latest in a series of stagecrafted moments designed to shine an impossibly perfect light on the president.

And this farce is perpetrated in Military Dining facilities the world over. When I was in Saudi Arabia...in the middle of the desert...during a wind storm...we had a turkey very similar to that the president held. The Bird wasn't there for the President...it's standard fair. The Army for whatever reason has made a commitment to give real Turkey and the fixings to their troops whereever they are.

Damn the media...the troops appreciated Bush being there. Was there some photo oping? Sure, that's politics and has been going on since Nimrod.

The PURPOSE of the trip though...is exactly what Bush has made it out to be.

• DakotaRed
    DakotaRed

From an admittedly conservative news source:

Bagram GI: Troops Waited While Hillary Chowed Down

U.S. Sen. Hillary Clinton forced U.S. troops stationed at Bagram Air Base in Afghanistan to wait for their Thanksgiving dinner last Thursday while she and her entourage arrived late, then cut in line and were served first.

A soldier who witnessed the scene tells NewsMax:

"Thanksgiving Dinner started at 3 p.m. that day, so the line was forming around 2:30 p.m. She didn't show up until around 3:30 p.m.

"Once she got there," our source maintains, "Clinton and her entourage bumped everyone in line, forcing them to wait almost an extra hour."

The brass at Bagram apparently had a hard time rounding up New Yorkers who wanted to have dinner with Clinton, D-N.Y. Only six GIs responded to an e-mail sent out last week that stated, "Looking for military members from New York and Rhode Island interested in meeting their Senator/Congressman."

People magazine was on hand to cover the event and wanted to interview the troops for reaction to Clinton's visit.

"But they were getting declined left and right," our source said. "People were actually telling the reporters, 'You don't want to print what I think about her and her visit.'"

After Clinton and her entourage departed, the only topics GIs wanted to talk about were "how great the food was and how fantastic they thought George Bush's visit to Iraq was."

http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2003/12/2/11616.shtml

• Stacy Smith
    Stacy Smith

DAmn that Bush and his photo ops, isn't this an impeachable offense?

Poor Hillary, went to war and couldn't get a date.

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

I am not a Bush fan, but I really do admire that he took that trip. That did take a lot of balls; I think it will help his popularity...until after New Year's day when people are over the holidays and start looking for flaws again.

I did not realize the Hillster was in Afghanistan..that took some guts too. I, for my parted, braved Walmart the day before Thanksgiving and was glad to get out alive

As far as the fake bird...who gives a rat's butt....THAT would only be scandolous if Bush had said he cooked it.

• LucidSky
    LucidSky

A funny...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit