Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

• šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

I set you a challenge and you are not up for it.

scholar JW

• BruceX
    BruceX

Thus the text into English shows that the seventy years was a past event and not a present event awaiting an end.

Of course it's in the past. 70 years just passed. When your kid comes home and you say "where have you been these two hours", it's also a past event.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ā€˜scholarā€™:

I set you a challenge and you are not up for it.

šŸ˜‚ Nothing you have ever offered on this forum has proved to be a ā€˜challengeā€™ for me and I donā€™t see that changing any time soon. Your tedious demands do not constitute a ā€˜challengeā€™, and your expectation that I need to ā€˜proveā€™ anything to you is a reflection of your inflated ego.

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

Of course it's in the past. 70 years just passed. When your kid comes home and you say "where have you been these two hours", it's also a past event.-

--

Glad to know that you accept that Zechariah's two references to the 70 years were a past event or more precisely a completed past event that ended with the Exile and not an event that continues to the rebuilding of the Temple. which cannot be figured precisely as to the ending of Zechariah's 70 years claimed to be from 587-520-515 BCE.Go figure!

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

Carl Jonsson in his exposition of the two Zechariah texts sums up his position and no doubt of Jeffro as follows:

"(6) Zechariah 1:7-12 and 7:1-5 are not references to Jeremiah's prophecy, but refer to the period from the siege and destruction of Jerusalem in the years 589-587 to the rebuilding of the temple in the years 520-515 BCE" (op. cit. p.230) Talk about messed up!!!!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

ā€˜scholarā€™:

which cannot be figured precisely as to the ending of Zechariah's 70 years claimed to be from 587-520-515 BCE.Go figure!

More dishonest misdirection from the inept self-styled ā€˜scholarā€™ šŸ˜‚. Zechariahā€™s 70 years is a clearly defined period that had not yet ended in 519 but had ended by the 9th month of 518 BCE, marking exactly 70 years of fasting since Jerusalemā€™s destruction in 587 BCE. Poor ā€˜scholarā€™ canā€™t handle the elegant simplicity and therefore tries to claim some ambiguous range of dates. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

• BruceX
    BruceX
    Glad to know that you accept that Zechariah's two references to the 70 years were a past event or more precisely a completed past event that ended with the Exile and not an event that continues to the rebuilding of the Temple. which cannot be figured precisely as to the ending of Zechariah's 70 years claimed to be from 587-520-515 BCE.Go figure!
    That's not what I said. I said "70 years just passed."
  • BruceX
    BruceX

So called "scholar", my reply was very short. The fact that you missed this important detail in my very short reply tells volumes. I also provided several clear contradictions like the 69.5 years vs 70.5 years in one of my previous posts. I'd have expected a reply about this but there was only silence Therefore I'll end my conversation.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

More dishonest misdirection from the inept self-styled ā€˜scholarā€™ šŸ˜‚. Zechariahā€™s 70 years is a clearly defined period that had not yet ended in 519 but had ended by the 9th month of 518 BCE, marking exactly 70 years of fasting since Jerusalemā€™s destruction in 587 BCE. Poor ā€˜scholarā€™ canā€™t handle the elegant simplicity and therefore tries to claim some ambiguous range of dates. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

---

In short. what your interpretation means is that the 70 years of Zechariah was a period of 'fastings' only and is a separate period to that of Jeremiah's 70 years both separate periods have different beginnings and endings and run parallel to each other in the course of Jewish history. This is a nonsensical proposition that requires clear evidence from the biblical text but from other sources. T

Further, the two Zechariah's 70-year references deal with a singular past event characteristic of the Hewish exilic experience and not that of the Temple or its rebuilding.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

So called "scholar", my reply was very short. The fact that you missed this important detail in my very short reply tells volumes. I also provided several clear contradictions like the 69.5 years vs 70.5 years in one of my previous posts. I'd have expected a reply about this but there was only silence Therefore I'll end my conversation.

--

If you cannot take the heat then get out of the kitchen.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit