Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

coming from a cult-addled buffoon, you can imagine how much your opinion matters to me

--

When a person resorts to insults then one knows that such a person has lost the argument.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

I’ve provided sufficient details already for honest readers to make up their minds about who has ‘lost the argument’. After that, all that remains is to remind you that you’re thoroughly deluded. Maybe go and actually pay attention to what is written in some of those sources that you pretend to respect. 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Bruce X

• The New Living Translation shows the meaning of Zech 1:12 very clearly for those who have difficulties to understand this verse:

"Upon hearing this, the angel of the LORD prayed this prayer: “O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, for seventy years now you have been angry with Jerusalem and the towns of Judah. How long until you again show mercy to them?”"

The angel asked this two decades after they left Babylon why they are still not being shown mercy. So for the last 70 years until now (20 years after exile) they have not been shown mercy. If they were really 70 years in exile then this would mean 90 years no mercy. This is another hint why they can't have been 70 years in exile

--

The NWT renders this verse more correctly; "So the angel of Jehovah answered and said:"O Jehovah of armies , how long will you yourself not show mercy to Jerusalem and to the cities of Judah, whom you have denounced these seventy years". (emphasis added) Thus the text into English shows that the seventy years was a past event and not a present event awaiting an end. The text and its context along with Zech 7:5 clearly shows a reminder of a past event of the exilic 70 years as agreed by many scholars and commentators.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The NWT renders this verse more correctly

Always a red flag when the NWT uniquely renders something ‘more correctly’ (aka sectarian bias). 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

’ve provided sufficient details already for honest readers to make up their minds about who has ‘lost the argument’. After that, all that remains is to remind you that you’re thoroughly deluded. Maybe go and actually pay attention to what is written in some of those sources that you pretend to respect. 😂

---

You have lost the argument when your only reply is that of ridicule and insults. Further, you provide no evidence for your interpretation which is simply borrowed from that of Carl Jonssons The Gentile Times Reconsidered, Fourth Edition, 2021, Friesen Press, pp.225-229. and that of his previous editions.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Wrong as usual. I’ve told you to stop telling that lie.

I thought Christians were supposed to be honest. Maybe he has a ‘theocratic warfare’ exemption. 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Always a red flag when the NWT uniquely renders something ‘more correctly’ (aka sectarian bias). 😂

---

When a different and more accurate translation is used, a red flag is certainly raised when complains about the scholarship.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Wrong as usual. I’ve told you to stop telling that lie.

--

Prove me wrong. List your argument for both texts and I will compare that with Jonsson's interpretation.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Prove me wrong. List your argument for both texts and I will compare that with Jonsson's interpretation.

Fallacy: shifting the burden of proof. It may be that Jonsson has also correctly analysed the relevant verses, in which case his assessment may agree with mine. But mine was arrived at independently.

I have already provided links to my website that give sufficient details on all of the important aspects. It is not necessary to pander to special requests from you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit