Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BruceX
    BruceX

I wish someone would have told me or gave me a hint many years ago that the 1914 teaching contains contradictions.

By just reading Jeremiah 25:12 it became immediately clear to me that the 70 years must have been fulfilled before the king was killed in 539. A king cannot be punished when he is already dead in 537, children can see this.

And from that on the list of contradictions I recognized just kept growing. It bothers me that I believed this and never took a close look at it.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

BruceX:

It bothers me that I believed this and never took a close look at it.

Don’t let it bother you too much. This is how the Watch Tower Society operates, and they’ve been honing their manipulation techniques for over a century. They tell you not to do research anywhere else, and they ignore discussion of verses that contradict their position. They also generate a false perception of ‘thorough’ Bible study by repeatedly going over their favoured verses. For example, see here.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The first reference is Zech 1:12 by means of an oracle on the 24th day,11th month in King Darius 2nd year- 519 BCE.

That passage includes an expression of frustration about a period that had not yet ended, and very obviously doesn’t refer to a period that ended decades earlier. You’re really not very good at this.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

That passage includes an expression of frustration about a period that had not yet ended, and very obviously doesn’t refer to a period that ended decades earlier. You’re really not very good at this.

--

Nope. This verse is a historic reflection on the 70-year Exile already completed or fulfilled in 537 BCE. The wording reflects a past tense and the Study note in the NIV Study Bible associates this 70-year period with the 70 years of Jeremiah, Daniel and Ezra. I humbly recommend that you do more research on this subject. Please!

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

😂 my understanding of the subject has long exceeded that of your cult-addled mind (and Protestant commentators generally). Just go away.

• Fisherman
    Fisherman
    False. The Jewish Exiles returened home in 537 BCE and not 538 BCE

And JW correctly conclude this because the Gentile Times are based in 607 resulting in 1914 and WWI and other signs convince JW of 1914 which derivatively validates 537. So, JW are confident.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Circular reasoning, superstition and historical revisionism are by no means any good reasons to be confident.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

my understanding of the subject has long exceeded that of your cult-addled mind (and Protestant commentators generally). Just go away.

--

Your understanding is bogus, pitiful and is a result of no research. In short, you do not know what you are talking about. You go away and play with your pathetic coloured charts.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

😂 coming from a cult-addled buffoon, you can imagine how much your opinion matters to me

• BruceX
    BruceX

The New Living Translation shows the meaning of Zech 1:12 very clearly for those who have difficulties to understand this verse:

"Upon hearing this, the angel of the LORD prayed this prayer: “O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, for seventy years now you have been angry with Jerusalem and the towns of Judah. How long until you again show mercy to them?”"

The angel asked this two decades after they left Babylon why they are still not being shown mercy. So for the last 70 years until now (20 years after exile) they have not been shown mercy. If they were really 70 years in exile then this would mean 90 years no mercy. This is another hint why they can't have been 70 years in exile

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit