Who really is the Faithful and Discreet Slave?

by Godlyman 349 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Godlyman
    Godlyman

If anyone were to come up to you claiming that they are the faithful and discreet slave, how would you go about proving them to be false, based upon scripture?

Estephan

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

You wouldn’t need to. They have the burden of proof. There is no evidence that the ‘faithful slave’ story is anything but a parable.

• punkofnice
    punkofnice

Jeffro said it!!

........plus, I don't believe the Bible is a Holy book. Therefore, anything in it is fiction.

So, there is that.

• Listener
    Listener

It is a question. Jesus makes a future judgement determining whether there was a faithful and discreet slave or a wicked one. They are being presumptuous in claiming that Christ has already made that determination and found them to be faithful.

• Biahi
    Biahi

Anyone making that claim should be able to prove it.

• BoogerMan
    BoogerMan

Easy to answer - all the hierarchy of the WTBTS back in 1919 were PERSONALLY chosen by Jehovah!!!

If you can't remember seeing the DIVINE PROOF of their selection, tough! Read about it in the litter-ature.

• TonusOH
    TonusOH

Even if you are a believing Christian (for whom the claim would be relevant), you would expect someone making that claim to demonstrate why it is true. I mean, if I walked up to you and told you I was the faithful and discreet slave of scripture, would you feel obligated to disprove it? Or would you ask why I believe that claim and how I can show it to be true?

After all, the JW interpretation isn't the only one. Why is their claim true while the others are not?

• punkofnice
    punkofnice
    Tonus - if I walked up to you and told you I was the faithful and discreet slave of scripture, would you feel obligated to disprove it?

Even if I believed or didn't, I'd think anyone saying that was clearly bonkers and get away from them.

would you ask why I believe that claim and how I can show it to be true?

I'd be around the corner before you could say 'mental institution'.

Probably why I think the Governing Body(TM) (Pee be upon them) are untruthful.

• FedUpJW
    FedUpJW

I wouldn't even try. It is a waste of time engaging in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

• waton
    waton
    PROOF of their selection, tough! Read about it in the litter-ature.

"Proclaimers" book, page 425, paragraph 5 to 426. the F&DS acid test: "Millions now living will never die " , because the world has ended, or words to that effect, proclaimed by wt inc from 1918-1922.

wt still preaching the same message, now with overlapping partaker generation lasting to 2075.

food always badly seasoned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit