So my PIMO Younger Brother Tried To Kill Himself Today

by pale.emperor 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• Reopened Mind
    Reopened Mind

PE,

You are a brother in the truest sense of the word.

Reopened Mind

• Sorry
    Sorry

PE,

I'm so sorry you're going through this and I'm even sorrier for your baby brother for going through all this crap. As a fellow sufferer of Aspergers, I know he's probably stressed out of his mind right now and going over every negative detail in his head. I'm glad he's doing better and I hope he's receiving the best care he can get. I'm also very glad that your other relatives hasn't driven a wedge between you guys. He needs his big brother more than ever, because you know what its like and would he best equipped to help him for the long haul.

Also, you're a much better person than I am, because I would've slapped the absolute shit out of my sister if she dared insinuated our brother's suicide attempt was my fault. I could never bring myself to hit my mom, but she would've gotten a good telling off that day. I'm glad you kept your composure, because they would've made you out to be the crazy one if you'd rightfully went off on them.

"JWs don't divide families" Bull. Shit.

Im so happy he's alive and you guys are still talking too each other. I'm rooting for you guys and wish the absolute best.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

PaleE,

First I wanted to say how much of a true brother you are!

Secondly I wanted to say love always wins.

Thirdly I wanted to say how much I appreciate you and others on this site (I don't post much but I lurk) for all the support you all provide even when we disagree!

Best wishes!

FNM

• Wild_Thing
    Wild_Thing

I am really sorry, pale.emperor. I hope your brother finds his way out of the Watchtower in one piece.

I also attempted suicide when I was 16. My mother and I had just relocated to get away from my abusive father, with no help from the witnesses. I was so upset and disillusioned by how the elders protected my elder dad for so many years, and did NOTHING to help us, I didn't want to be a Witness anymore.

When I told my mother this, she said, "I feel the same way sometimes, but there's nothing else out there in the world". I believed her. And I decided I would rather die than live forever with only Jehovah's Witnesses.

It took me another 8 years or so before I was able to stop attending meetings and start to walk away completely.

My younger self couldn't see another option for myself outside of the Jehovah's Witnesses. I bet your brother is struggling with the same thing. His Aspergers only complicates it. I am so thankful he has you to help him get out. I had no one. I think I would have left sooner if I had had anyone on the outside willing to help me.

Good luck with your brother.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Love always wins.

How I wish that were true. Unfortunately it isn't.

• faithnomore
    faithnomore

I do believe love always wins, one can't personally go wrong showing love if only when being introspective:)

Perhaps family won't see it but I can sleep at night knowing I've done nothing except show love to my believing family. Shunning is on their side not mine.

I text them constantly letting them know I'm thinking about them, telling a joke, and telling them about the amazing things going on in my life. If they don't respond I still win when I lay my head down to sleep knowing I've not cut off my family for their beliefs.

Should they block me, my love for them will never fade as I know they are blinded as I once was. I planted a seed, perhaps one day it will grow:).

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

PE " I even placed a book"

(Ha ha tea went west LoL)

Glad he's doing a little better. xxx

• longgone
    longgone

Hi Pale, Just read this sad news today, and I'm sorry for all you and your brother are going through.

It's great that you're advocating for him by speaking with his therapist. This will help the professionals get right to the source of the pain your brother is experiencing.

Good work, stay strong and please give a hug to your brother from longgone. 💙

• Ruby456
    Ruby456

so sorry that you and your brother are going through this

but please be careful pale emperor as the source of his pain seems to be his aspergers and how this affects his interactions with people - what sorts of things does he like to do to alleviate stress and frustration? his natural gifts and patterns that he follows. I also would have thought that the patterns of behaviour that JWs recommend and their literal interpretations would have suited him more than the outside world so this would indicate that he needs to tread very very carefully to avoid frustration and anxiety building up.

What I mean is, don't those on the autism spectrum take things very literally? If that is the case with your brother this site would not be a good place to come imo cos he would take what people say literally. Didn't our Jewish visitor who has aspergers warn of this? I'm assuming that he does come here?

• Xanthippe
    Xanthippe

PE well done, that must have taken in out of you to speak to the therapist about the JW shunning. You were so well prepared! They usually have a pay phone in psychiatric wards if you want to leave him your number and some change.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit