So my PIMO Younger Brother Tried To Kill Himself Today

by pale.emperor 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• cofty
    cofty

Really well done. It's important for the therapists to understand the pressure he is being put under.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Im happy with how it went. Any hey, i even placed a book! -- pale.emperor

Thanks for the update; it's great you were able to talk to the therapist sans JWs present. Those of us who continue to deal with like issues understand. When I was in a life-threatening situation, the thought conveyed to me by family was not preserving the present life but seeking everlasting life. It was then I regretted "bringing" my family into The Truth.

Where will you make a notation for the placement?

Blessings and Peace.

• tiki
    tiki

Good job...clueing in the therapist....keep actively involved in his rehab. He needs you and you can make a big difference in how it all pans out. Hoping for positive outcomes...hang in there man.

• jp1692
    jp1692

PE, well done. Your brother is lucky to have you as his advocate.

And good job on the book placement. Don't forget to record that on your monthly Field Service Report! ... LOL

• Giordano
    Giordano

Good job Pale, picked the perfect time to visit your brother, sacrificed your time to make sure you got to his therapist.

You were prepared. I loved it when you told him that you both were raised in the JW religion.

"The therapist listened and asked which religion it is. I told him and he written something down and said "I've heard about them before. This would actually explain a lot."

I think you may become the sane 'go to guy' for this therapist and your brother.

Family only.......... was also an excellent point as well.......... at least it changes the odds with the Elders.

• cha ching
    cha ching

Good job! going during meeting time? Awesome!

So glad you got in and had some alone time. It sounds as tho he has a lot of pressure from the Borg! It sounds like your good planning paid off!

Those will be a rich treasure source for that therapist, and will give him insight into helping your bro. Your loving heart felt support of him will go a long ways into his recovery. I am sure he can see the difference between 'canned replies' (mandated replies all sounding the same... "don't talk to your brother, he will hurt your spirituality" "he doesn't go to the meetings" always talking about the borg & J, vs him ) and their love for him.

If I was in the hospital, I would want someone by my side to laugh and share good times with, instead of going over scriptures and WT articles, right? lol

He will appreciate that, and a bond will grow.

take care p.e.

cha ching.... ps, tell him hi for us!

• moreconfusedthanever
    moreconfusedthanever

Great stuff.

• JRK
    JRK

Excellent job of standing up for your little brother! You were able to educate the doctors on the way elders are manipulative and overbearing. All medical professionals need to know the real abuses of the religion.

Well done!

JK

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

P.E. I am so sorry for your brother. I was in his same shoe's over 30 years ago. Depression caused by the cult is devastating. I know. Your brother is so lucky to have you on his side. Talking to his therapist was a stroke of genius on your part. I hope he will keep you in his confidence. I have no idea why those two elders are even there. As far as I am concerned they have no business being there. It is so sad how the cult blames the abused for being the abuser. But this is what cults are good at. Keep the faith and stay strong. You are a great guy for protecting your brother like this. Your family may be willing to take the low road and throw you under the bus but you have taken the high road and in turn become the better person for it.

Take care of yourself so you can be there for your brother. Thank you for sharing this story with us. Still Totally ADD

• freddo
    freddo

Top job P.E. You are a good brother. In the truest sense of the word.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit