So my PIMO Younger Brother Tried To Kill Himself Today

by pale.emperor 90 Replies latest jw experiences

• Cimarrona
    Cimarrona

Wow. This makes my heart hurt. None of this is your fault. None of it. I hope that your brother receives the support he needs and that he can discern who is truly there for him as a person and not a "publisher."

• compound complex
  • LoveUniHateExams
    LoveUniHateExams

I'm sorry to hear this sad news, Pale Emperor.

I hope your brother gets better and you both work things out.

LUHE

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I also suggest you stop asking your mother or any JW about your brothers condition. Call the hospital where he’s at or go by and visit as much as possible, show him your there for him, even if you can’t say much just hold his hand and be there. He will see your love while he sees your mother’s insanity.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Pale empower I'm so so sorry. Rant coming...I can't help it!

Will these jw " carers" have access to him in the hospital? Hope not, so the poor chap gets a break.

I urge you to reach out to his Consultant psychiatrist and fill him in as best you can with whats going on.

If your family are in full on shun mode I wouldn't mince my words - when your mother said "he's made a promise to Jehovah" I would tell them, if your brother is being guilted "No! He's made a promise to a publishing corporation" and tell your sister straight out you don't believe in obeying "some random dead guy who made these rules in order to sell more books for his publishing corporation". Don't feed the monster and let them guilt him more, tell them straight this cult is what's killing him, along with many others.

I might be tempted to give the hospital some info on cult programming by Robert Lifton but they might think you are telling them how to do their job.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Pale Emperor, that breaks my heart. I'm so sorry you both are going through that.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This is a heartbreaking story. I wish you well.

• Incognito
    Incognito

Sorry to read this. Sorry also for the additional stress on you. While many have expressed support to you, if appropriate, please express our support to your brother from all of us here. Maybe that might help to lift his spirits.

I would suggest, if there is a group of JWs there again when you arrive, ask your brother if he wants them there. If he says 'No' or is hesitant to respond, then you could ask them to leave for his benefit. If they refuse, ask the nurse to call security.

You can also tell your brother that he has a right to rest and if there are visitors he doesn't want, he can call the nurse himself if you're not there.

Edit to add: It is natural love and affection to group together as a family when one of your own is injured. You informing your mom and sisters is the natural thing to do under the circumstances. Unfortunately, WT washes natural love and affection from most JW brains.

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister

Agree with incognito - use the fact he needs rest to get the jw hangers-on out. I suspect though most high dependency psych wards don't let just anybody visit their intensive care patient ( they're not silly, they don't want their vulnerable patient triggered by the sort of guilt inducing stuff they say).

• JRK
    JRK

pe,

I am so sorry about your brother. I am also saddened that your brother is stuck with your JW family acting that way. How soon is he old enough to move out? I wish there was another option for him.

Hang in there!

JK

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit