Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• poopsiecakes
    poopsiecakes

Very enlightening, and answers a lot of questions I remember having...

• willyloman
    willyloman
    The expense numbers announced at conventions are COMPLETELY FABRICATED and bear no resemblence to ANY ACTUAL expenses

Another example that calls into question some of the numbers posted, published or bragged about by the WTS. Whether it's field service hours (many of which we know are liberal estimates or outright phony), large scale attendance figures, or cumulative reports from far away places, you can never really be sure of their numbers.

What you can be sure of is the Society uses numbers to create a narrative. They make a big show of posting long columns of very specific figures that give the appearance they are fastidious when it comes to accounting. None of us has any way of telling whether, for example, the annual publisher report is accurate... but is certainly gives the impression this is an organization that counts everything twice and strives for accuracy. However, when it comes to the numbers that we do know something about, such as service reports, there is a disconnect. This begins to cast doubt on the other figures they report in such detail.

When it comes to reporting expenses and contributions, the WTS is less than transparent. And their strategy works. Ask the average dub if it's all about money and they will scoff. JWs are taught to believe that there is no money and that no one's getting paid. But after you've been in awhile and have seen the green handshakes and how those in the upper echelons are treated like royalty with all expenses paid, you realize how strong is the link between money and power.

• satinka
    satinka

@ziddina:

Why don't they just charge a damned admission fee????

Awww c'mon, you know the answer to that question, but it had to be asked.

And the clue to the answer is:

It has everything to do with being sheeple

satinka

• breakfast of champions
    breakfast of champions

WILLYLOMAN -

'What you can be sure of is the Society uses numbers to create a narrative.'

I think this sums it all up.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

so from our last Circuit Assembly we had xyz - with these funds on hand the elders approved a donation of x 1000 dollars to the worldwide work - so guess what - we are already have a deficit. Trust me - some elders are already seriously pissed off with this. Why donate to the www when they already have a deficit.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Trust me - some elders are already seriously pissed off with this. Why donate to the www when they already have a deficit.

But if they dare say anything about it in that "business meeting" it will mean NO assmebly or convention parts; NO department head positions; NO warm and fuzzy from the CO/DO/ASSM Ovrseer; NO POINTS MADE ANYWHERE. Period. If they dare say something at one of those meetings, the Assm Ovsr probably will just pass them over at the next one.......... ALL IN FAVOR, SAY AYE! AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYE AYEA [one abstain] OK IT'S UNANIMOUS TO SEND ALL THE DOUGH WE HAVEN'T COLLECTED YET TO THE WWW.

• AwareBeing
    AwareBeing

It's a stagged tactic of manipulation described as; Announcement Folly's,

were a speaker states the dire accounts report and end with a cherry salutation

of "Jehovah's blessing for your charitable donations." It happened at all the assy's

my family went to, and at of them a larger amount was in it by next assy! At first ,

we thought: "Wow, God's spirit is on the org! or Wow, God must have made a bro. a millionaire!"

After some years we counted them, 1 out of all the circuits we knew, and very few rich ones.

So by the accounts numbers being magically manipulated through slick sales techniques

from premature announcements, 'well-ah! The flock is scammed, sheared, and discarded until the next assy.

• Scully
    Scully

Was it just me, or did the money-grubbing at conventions (and even at meetings) start bothering everyone else too, once you started to clue in to the WTS being full of crap??

I seem to remember all of a sudden I was noticing pleas for donations several times a day at conventions - and for whatever reason, I couldn't recall it being so blatant prior to that. Was it the kool-aid, or did they at some point start pushing for donations more than before?

I wonder if it had anything to do with conventions going from 5, to 4, then 3 days - i.e., less time to rake in the expected cash flow, therefore increase the pressure??

• EntirelyPossible
    EntirelyPossible

Multiply that by the thousands, and there is still a deficit?

Let's do the quick math. Back in my day, Assemblies with over 8000 people were very common. Assuming the average family size of 2.5 kids plus two parents, that about 1777 families, let's presume only the family head is donating, so averaging the $20 and $10 donators, that $15. Given that some won't donate at all, we split the difference and assume each FAMILY is giving $12.5 dollars. 1777 families x $12.5 per family = a cool $22000 per 3 day weekend.

How did I do?

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

good shit this.

Money money money...If only thay were audited by some random govt department at the point of lying to the sheeple at his money fests...

oz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit