Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• Mary
    Mary

Don't they also 'pledge' a certain amount to go to Mount Olympus Crooklyn every weekend? I'm pretty sure that's also built right into the pre-arranged 'deficit' and whether or not they get enough 'contributions', a certain percentage is earmarked and sent off to the bastards even if it leaves that Circuit in the red.

I too remember wondering how the hell the expenses could possibly be $10,00 - $14,000 for one lousy weekend, especially after they canned the food service arrangment. After all, the place was built with free labour, materials would have been purchased at cost so there shouldn't even be a mortage on the place. There's your heat, water and lighting, but that's all there should be.

Frigging greedy buggers.

• St George of England
    St George of England

Our congregation, and I suspect most others, send money up front before each assembly/convention. The last convention we sent £1,000 and we are a very small congregation.

In addition to that we send money every month for the local assembly hall maintenance and money for the CO's flat and a regular donation to the WTS.

They still beg for more!

George

• Hadit
    Hadit

Enlightening thread. They should be ashamed of themselves! Some people are putting in their grocery money to fund these scam artists.

They are despicable.

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

so basically they lie like they always do?

• baltar447
    baltar447

I too have always wondered why assemblies in assembly halls cost so much. I'm thinking, does it really take 10k in utilities for 2 days?

• Mary
    Mary

People should start demanding to see receipts. After all, how on earth could they possibly know how much the heat and hydro are going to be a mere day and a half after you've used it? The bills don't come in until the end of the month.

• Scott77
    Scott77

Thanks for bumping this. I often wondered and suspected. Now I know how the assembly part of the scam works. And for those of you who think 10 to 12 grand for two days of occupancy is somehow reasonable, you're off by at least $7,000. There isn't one single labor cost involved in maintaining the assembly hall. There is a light bill, water bill, and supplies (which they hound "the friends" not to use too much of). The place is tax free and already paid for. There is no way there are 48,000 dollars worth of expenses every month. 10,000 a month MAYBE but even that is a stretch.

Mad Sweeney

Very excellent point above. Same applies to the least of posters. :)

Scott77

• Scully
    Scully

Mad Sweeney

There is no way there are 48,000 dollars worth of expenses every month. 10,000 a month MAYBE but even that is a stretch.

If they have Special Assembly Days™ every Saturday and regular Sunday meetings for say 3 - 4 Congregations™, and one night per week for Theocratic School™ / Service Meeting™ / Book Study™ combo for each congregation, you're looking at, at most, no more than 15 - 20 hours of use per week, if you factor in a few 15-20 minute Service Arrangements™ and maybe an Elders' Meeting™. That goes for Kingdom Halls™ too.

There are volunteers doing upkeep for landscaping, maintenance, cleaning, trash removal, etc.

I kind of wonder why there aren't any KHs installing solar panels and wind turbines for generating clean (and FREE) energy. Is it because people might start expecting the KH maintenance expenses to decrease in concert with these cost-saving measures, and when that doesn't happen, there's a bigger risk involved that it will expose the cash grab for what it is?

• Scott77
    Scott77

"Frigging greedy buggers."-Mary

"They are despicable"- Hadit

That again excellent and very strong denouciation of the hypocrisy of the watchtower. Now its 2010. The economy looks bad. Many people are out work possibly including JWs. So how is the WT coping with this? Moving to Canada? Selling some KHs and Assembly halls? I think there may be a range of options on the table.

Scott77

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

How much are all these sites costing you mad?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit