Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• cofty
    cofty

I remember one year at the pre-assembly meeting between the CO and the local elders we voted to buy some new kitchen and PA equipment as well as a washing machine for the circuit flat. This was all items that would be expected to last for a number of years. We also resolved to send mony to Bethel. We had a very healthy balance in the circuit fund at the time so it seemed like no problem.

A couple of weeks after the assembly we recieved a letter from the circuit assembly overseer saying that the recent assemblies had a huge shortfall and aasking that every congregation read this to their congregations and pass a resolution to send a donation to make up the funds pro rata. When we asked for calrification it turned out that they had calculated the capital spending and donation as expense for this one assembly and were asking for it to be made up again to restore our balance in full. The circuit accounts servant was unable to explain the logic of this but said it was imposed on him by the CO

We discussed it as a body of elders and decided to say no. We never read the letter to the congregation or sent an additional donation. This was in Lothian circuit in Scotland around 1990

• designs
    designs

Intentionally creating deficits is just one of the Tricks the Society uses to guilt trip the Friends. At one of the last Circuit Assemblies I attended I dropped a Letter into the Donation Box describing the scam they were pulling off and to stop guilt tripping these good hardworking people into giving more money without knowing what the true expenses were so they could properly budget for them. That got a nasty reply Letter from the City Overseer and the Society. My exit was sealed.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

We discussed it as a body of elders and decided to say no. We never read the letter to the congregation or sent an additional donation. This was in Lothian circuit in Scotland around 1990

You guys were probably the only cong in the circuit that had the "balls" to "just say NO!"

There was one elder body in our circuit that was considered "uncooperative" because of their independent thinking like that. For example, only they would refuse to adjust meeting times for the COs visit, as it would inconvenience many in the cong. They figured the CO was there to SERVE THE FLOCK, not the other way around.

• Alfred
    Alfred

Designs... care to share the nasty reply from the CO?

• Knowsnothing
    Knowsnothing

(marked)

• Londo111
    Londo111

Wow. The rabbit hole goes deeper and deeper. Curiouser and Curiouser.

I remember all the times of the Deficit Announcement, feeling absolutely wretched for not having donated enough and feeling compelled to donate more. In fact, all around, even outside of donations, I was made to feel like a bad person for never doing enough. I felt like the wicked, lazy servant who hid his master's mina...and I had so bloodguilt because I didn't go door-to-door enough, and when I did, I didn't do a good enough job. People were going to die because of me. No wonder I felt doomed for destruction!

And after natural disasters (like the Tsunami), I felt relieved knowing that if I dropped money in the contribution box, the Society would help those poor people! Why bother sending money directly? What a fool I was!

Does anyone have any idea as to where all the money goes? Who are the ultimate beneficiaries?

I'm sure many can speculate, but is there any way to move beyond speculation?

• Balaamsass
    Balaamsass

Ding , Ding, Ding, ding!!

• darth frosty
  • 3rdgen
    3rdgen

The as stated assem costs had been bothering me for years especially when I found out that the newly built convention center within 30 miles of nearly ALL pubs in our circuit cost $800.00 a day.!!! It is nicer by far than than our assem. hall we were forced to attend over 200 miles away. Not only did the pubs have the additional travel expense they either had to pay for lodging or get up at 4am to make the long preparations neccessary due to no food service.

The Assem, hall was built in the early 70's yet the cost per day was about $3,000.00. We were told that some of the expense was to pay back WBTS loan.Are you kidding me??? 40 years???????!!! The scam was revealed in the Menlo Park KH debacle. The WTBT$ requires expensive upgrades, inflates the cost (often tripple), loans the money at 0%, then comes up with the min. monthly payment. Paying is MANDETORY. Who cares if the "friends" don't want need, or can afford the upgrades??? No wonder they don't want circuits to rent local buildings!!!!!!!

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

I always wondered how an assembly could cost so much, and had asked why don't they have to give an accounting of the money, as they do at the KH. Definitely they are straining out the gnat, and keeping the camel a secret.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit