Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• life is to short
    life is to short

It is totally amazing and one of their selling gig's to get people into the religion is that they do not pass the plate like the religions of Christendom. This is worse, I have been to a flew churches and yes the pass the plate but I did not feel bad about not putting anything in and many of the people I was sitting by did not put money in. The begging for money that I was told that Churches do is not any worse then what I have seen and heard in the KH's.

I remember being at Bethel when there was some problem in another country and they asked all of us Bethelites to put in at least on dollar a person to help send money to the Brothers in that land.

All of this is so sick.

LITS

• ziddina
    ziddina

Marking this one for future reference...

• ziddina
    ziddina

Bumping this thread again because it's one of the best descriptions of the way the Watchtower Society obtains [extorts... ] money from the assembly goers...

Why don't they just charge a damned admission fee????

• pontoon
    pontoon

I was around in 1972 I think when we built the Monroe Assembly Hall. The first or second of the Org owned halls. Anyway, it must be about 5 or 6 years ago we replaced it with a new one, Newburgh Assembly Hall. Much more elaborate and fancy than Monroe. I remember the Org talking to the circuit elders that would be involved in it why it would be cost effective to build new. It sticks in my mind that one point was that to put a new roof on Monroe it would cost half the price of a brand new hall. Of course they figure in labor even though that would have been free. The whole business was ridiculous. At Wat Farms anything 10 years old may be considered to be replaced or remodeled. Bethel biggies love new and expensive. Why not---its not their money. I heard of brothers from other parts of the world that are just floored when they visit here and see the org waste and materialism and uppy lifestyle of the bethelites here.

• ziddina
    ziddina

Wow, Pontoon, that's interesting...

What part of:

"I remember the Org talking to the circuit elders that would be involved in it why it would be cost effective to build new. It sticks in my mind that one point was that to put a new roof on Monroe it would cost half the price of a brand new hall. ..."

made them think that building an entirely NEW assembly hall would be any cheaper????

You can bet that it cost a LOT more to build "new" than to just put a new roof on Monroe... Unless all that "free" labor, "free" engineering [probably NOT college-educated...] and "free" planning used in the Monroe building caused some innately dangerous flaws in the older Monroe building...

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

BUMP!

I emailed my Circuit Accounts Servant and asked him for a break-down and a copy of the accounting form.

We'll see how he responds. My guess is, he won't. Then, I'll get pulled aside at the next meeting and told to mind my own business. I exlained in the e-mail that I was just curious, because the numbers seemed over-inflated, and I wanted to know what exactly we were paying for with our contributions.

• Brother_Izzacult
    Brother_Izzacult

Dude that's a totally SICK story. Thanks for sharing.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

You gotta be slyer than that, dpl. Never let on that you're suspicious of the Borg.

"Dear <circuit accounts servant friend>:

My <good friend, wife's cousin, whatever other vague relationship you can think of> out in <some state/province in the backwater region of the opposite end of the continent> was just asked to be a Circuit Accounts Servant and he's really nervous about this new responsibility. He called me the other day for some help/advice with understanding some of forms. He doesn't have internet to email me copies and it's hard to explain or help him with the accounting without seeing one in front of me. Could you please send me a copy of the forms?

We'd both really appreciate it.

With Warmest Christian Regards,

dontplaceliterature"

It's like theocratic warfare only on the good side.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

I am not a liar, Mad Sweeny.

No offense.

I seriously doubt I will be cornered over this question. If I am, I will be flat honest with anoyone who questions me about my concerns. If they disfellowship me for doubting, then so be it. It will only confirm in my mind that I am doing the right thing.

I don't have the personal will to stick around for the long haul and be constantly badgered by Elders for my lack of faith/regularity.

I'd rather just make a clean break, and move on.

Whether these people love me enough to be understanding, or not, I love them enough to tell them the truth if they ask me. It's what Jesus would have done. (Not that I'm trying to be self-righteous, or compare myself to Jesus, I just have to be true to myself)

• stuckinamovement
    stuckinamovement

I might be able to help. I audited the Circuit accounts several times in the past and might still have the copies of the forms. I will look in my files.

SIAM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit