Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

And what I realized about the deficit was that the donations to the WTS had already been figured in. It is not a matter of paying the bills, setting aside money for the next assembly (???is that necessary any more without food), and then donating what is left, no the WTS gets their money upfront.

I always wondered why a nice little report detailing the expenses wasn't read like it is at the KH? Many congregations post the report on the information board (not all as I found out the hard way by asking where it was as I wanted to look at it).

The fact is that it is all pre-arranged and even the elders have nothing to say about it

But it explains why the big donators (who have to get a letter so it is not anonymous to the collectors) get so much attention and perks from the COs and DOs. Without the money from selling food, the WTS has to rely on the publishers' donations. Since donating is anonymous, who knows have you give (unless it is over $250). The elders are voting for the "congregation" not as individuals.

Has anyone every had their congregation make a resolution to take congregation money to send to the circuit to make up a deficit?

Blondie

• Perry
    Perry

It's not what they are doing that is so wrong, but how it is characterized. I mean if they are so worried about getting a set number of dollars per head, why not just charge for tickets? Oh yeah, then their might need to be an accounting for the money. It would also nullify the "FREE" public talks and program....never mind.

• logansrun
    logansrun

Great insights! Thanks JT.

B.

• gumby
    gumby

No offence Jt, but it would be better. Metatron does the same thing.

Gumby

• waiting
    waiting

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, bradley, we've discussed this with Lady C & JT before.

It's his style....and a man's gotta have a style.

His words & thoughts are worth the effort to allow ourselves to relax enough to enjoy JT's style.

Enjoyed your post, JT - as always.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

Does anyone remember when the accounts report was read in great detail to the entire audience and the audience was asked to vote "yes" or "no"

• Country_Woman
    Country_Woman

I remember my first assemblee.

My mentor asked me very proud "and what do you think of this all"

I answered "One big begging for money" he was 'surprised' and said "well, I think that you could look at it this way too"

2 years later, they split the visiting congragations - thus asking twice the amount before, cos the operatingcoast per day was the same as before.....

Since I paid only for the cups of coffee.......

• caligirl
    caligirl

I'm just glad that I didn't contribute much. They were lucky to get $2 for an entire assembly out of me (every other year)! But I always did wonder how they came up with such exhorbitant figures of "needed" money. As for operating expenses, the contributions that they get outside of assemblies should MORE than cover any insurance , electricity & water for a weekend in a building that they own outright, built with contributed funds, for which they pay no taxes and maintained by volunteers. Next thing you know you'll have to put a quarter in a bathroom door to be able to get in and use it like you do at some take out restaurants. .... 10 cents for a paper towel, a quarter for a few squares of writing paper toilet paper.Oops - probably just gave the money grubbing lurkers another idea to generate revenue. The whole thing is just one crooked money scheme.

• Winston Smith :>D
    Winston Smith :>D

Thx JT,

That's pretty much how it started appearing to me when I wsa counting up the numbers. I started asking the brothers why things cost so much. Never got any good answers.

One big money grab.

Winston.

• lurk
    lurk

is it possible for members to claim part of the societys assets since they created it with thier own money?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit