Circuit Accounts Servants Confesses how the SCAM WORKS!!

by JT 158 Replies latest jw friends

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Theocratic warfare isn't lying.

You had already sent your message, so I wasn't recommending you ACTUALLY do it, anyway.

Some folks are so damn serious. Chillax, bro.

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

Consider me chillaxed!

• dontplaceliterature
    dontplaceliterature

@SAIM,

Awesome. I will pm you my e-mail address.

• Sayswho
    Sayswho
    DPL...GOOD FOR YOU!! Whether these people love me enough to be understanding, or not, I love them enough to tell them the truth if they ask me. It's what Jesus would have done. (Not that I'm trying to be self-righteous, or compare myself to Jesus, I just have to be true to myself)

Sw

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

bookmarked

• baltar447
    baltar447

Since the whole Assembly hall subject has come up again, and for any newbies to the site, this is a good thread to bump.

• Alfred
    Alfred

@Baltaar447...

good idea... also, I sense that there are some who have been out a while but still tend to give the WT the benefit of the doubt when it comes to money matters... so I'd like to share this anecdote...

In the early 90's, I was in a DC assisting the Accounts Servant count contribution money... well, I was really just sorting money, facing the dollar bills up, straigtening out the wrinkles and making perfectly shaped "bricks" after the money was counted. About 4 times a day, 10 or so brothers would show up with trash bags stuffed with cash. There was never enough table space to put all the money so it was usually just thrown on the floor where two of us would sort out the bills and hand them over to an elder who would count them (along with the accounts servants) and then we would prepare neat bricks for deposit.

Well one day, while two of us were on the floor in the "accounts room" sorting a mountain of cash, we all heard the "deficit" announcement that came from the platform. I can't remember the amount but I remember thinking "no way!"... we weren't even done sorting the 3rd pile of cash (with a 4th one still pending) and this guy actually announced a large deficit. I asked the accounts servant if that was true and he just looked at me with a defeated look on his face... like he wanted to say "no" but bit his tongue instead. Another elder, noticing the awkward silence, jumped in and changed the subject...

just thought I'd share that (for whatever this anecdote is worth)

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

The expense numbers announced at conventions are COMPLETELY FABRICATED and bear no resemblence to ANY ACTUAL expenses.

The donation numbers announced at conventions are evidently NOT CURRENT reflections of the actual donations received, but rather some subtotal number from earlier in the day.

Therefore, the entire announcement/accounts report is COMPLETE BS.

• Scully
    Scully

At the local DCs and CAs, there was another form of manipulation that took place in warmer weather.

They would announce that the A/C costs $3000 a day to run and it simply wasn't feasible to pay that kind of money, unless, of course, people really really wanted it and coughed up the money to cover the expense.

Lo and behold, within a couple of hours, the A/C was turned on.

Eventually, it dawned on me that every single venue, regardless of its size, cost $3000 a day to operate the A/C, and I knew it was complete bull$h!t.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I used to wonder how there could always be a deficit.

My mother used to "monitor" a contribution box at the conventions, and sometimes I would sit next to her to keep her company

I noticed how attendees, mostly elderly, would drop in 10's and 20's like it was nothing - my mother and I did our fair share of 20's, also.

Multiply that by the thousands, and there is still a deficit?

The WT should be ashamed of itself.

Syl

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit