Scholar and Fisherman

by Jorden 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• scholar
    scholar

Jorden

Ok, with that noted tell me when these 42-months that occur during the 6th trumpet/2nd woe, tell me when they take place???-

--

Tishri15 or October 4/5 1914 through to Nisan 14 or March 26/27, 1918

scholar JW

• Jorden
    Jorden
    Tishri15 or October 4/5 1914 through to Nisan 14 or March 26/27, 1918

Scholar thank you for that answer. Can you tell me when the 7th trumpet occurred? If it hasn't yet, when do you believe Scripturally speaking say it will occur?

And also, just to note that with your answer that the 42-months were from Oct 1914 - Mar 1918, you are saying that Jerusalem was trampled on by the nations for 2,520 years (607-1914) and just when the appointed time ended for them to stop being trampled on, instead the trampling continued 42 additional months until 1918.

[Luke 21: 24... and Jerusalem will be trampled on by the nations, until the appointed times of the nations are fulfilled.] 607-1914

[Revelation 11:2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.] 1914- 1918

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Utter nonsense. Scholars today currently endorse 586 BCE rather than 587 BCE

587BCE is preferred among secular sources. 586BCE is preferred by sources simply relying on traditions rather than the specific evidence. No modern analysis of the chronology prefers 586 over 587.

Such business documents necessitate the converting of any regnal data into a modern-day calendar and are subject to a 'fine tuning' in order o accommodate a 'twenty-year gap in the NB Period.

This drivel is nothing more than wishful thinking. The period is very solidly established and confirmed by astronomical observations.

Rolf Furuli has researched this subject and proved that both the planetary observations along with the lunar observations are a better fit for 588 BCE rather than 568 BCE. Furuli is the only scholar to date that has researched and examined VAT 4956 since Neugebauer and Weidner, 1915.

😂 Furuli. 😂 He quite definitely has not ‘proven’ that the planetary observations fit 588BCE, which is impossible. Furuli is neither an astronomer nor a historian, so he’s no more qualified than me for assessing the astronomical observations in VAT 4956, hence a fallacious argument from authority.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Jorden:

And also, just to note that with your answer that the 42-months were from Oct 1914 - Mar 1918, you are saying that Jerusalem was trampled on by the nations for 2,520 years (607-1914) and just when the appointed time ended for them to stop being trampled on, instead the trampling continued 42-months additional until 1918.

🤦‍♂️ (The facepalm is for ‘scholar’.)

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

AM

Fisherman doesn’t want to get into a 607 debate

• Jorden
    Jorden

Scholar, again thank you for your reply in regard to when you say the 42-months at Rev 11:2 takes place. (Oct 4/5 1914 - March 26/27 1918)

While I wait for your reply on when do you say Rev 11:15 was/is fulfilled I wanted to incorporate this for the purpose of you addressing it in your reply.

[7-15-51 WT- At this eventful time the seventh angel blows his trumpet, that is, after the 1,260 days ended in 1918. Then it is that these wonders can come to pass. “And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven saying: ‘The kingdom of the world has become the kingdom of our Lord and of his Christ, and he will rule as king for ever and ever.’(Revelation 11:15)]

The WTS(of 51) agrees with the dates you have for the 42-months/1,260 days. In regard to Rev 11:15 being fulfilled the WTS(of 51) believes it occurred AFTER the 42-months/1,260 days ended(2nd woe past) in March 1918.

Do you agree with WTS(of 51) that Rev 11:15 was fulfilled in March 1918?

If not, when do you say Rev 11:15 was/is fulfilled?

Also, do you believe that the WTS(of 51) correctly places the fulfillment of trumpet 7 AFTER the 42-months/1,260 days end (2nd woe past) and that placement would be true regardless of whenever the 42-months are said to occur and vice-versa that whenever the 7th trumpet (3rd woe) is said to have blown then the 42-months would need to end (2nd woe past) just prior to the 7th trumpet (3rd woe) blowing?

[Revelation 8:7 And the first one blew his trumpet.]
    [Revelation 8:8 And the second angel blew his trumpet]
    [Revelation 8:10 And the third angel blew his trumpet]
    [Revelation 8:12 And the fourth angel blew his trumpet]

[Revelation 8:13 And I saw, and I heard an eagle flying in midheaven say with a loud voice: “Woe (1), woe(2), woe(3) to those dwelling on the earth because of the rest of the trumpet blasts of the three angels who are about to blow their trumpets!”]

[Revelation 9:1 And the fifth angel blew his trumpet.]
    [Revelation 9:12 The one woe(trumpet 5) is past. Look! Two more woes(trumpets 6&7) are coming after these things.]
    [Revelation 9:13 And the sixth angel blew his trumpet.]
    [Revelation 11:2 But as for the courtyard that is outside the temple sanctuary, cast it clear out and do not measure it, because it has been given to the nations, and they will trample the holy city underfoot for forty-two months.]
    [Revelation 11:14 The second woe(trumpet 6) is past. Look! The third woe(trumpet 7) is coming quickly.]
    [Revelation 11:15 And the seventh angel blew his trumpet. And loud voices occurred in heaven, saying: “The kingdom of the world (Satan's) has become the kingdom of our Lord (Jehovah) and of his Christ (Jesus), and he will rule as king forever and ever.”]

• Alethia
    Alethia

I find it curious that Scholar seems to avoid topics other than 607 and 1914.

Why don't you discuss the trumpet blasts Scholar? Do you belive they have anything to do with Conventions such as 1922 Cedar Point Ohio etc?

• scholar
    scholar

Alethia

Why don't you discuss the trumpet blasts Scholar? Do you belive they have anything to do with Conventions such as 1922 Cedar Point Ohio etc?

--

The said scholar loves those 'trumpet blasts' and how they have been fulfilled on God's people- anointed or the elect or chosen ones during the Lord's Day from 1914 CE

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

587BCE is preferred among secular sources. 586BCE is preferred by sources simply relying on traditions rather than the specific evidence. No modern analysis of the chronology prefers 586 over 587.

--

Utter rubbish!

--

This drivel is nothing more than wishful thinking. The period is very solidly established and confirmed by astronomical observations.

--

It is called methodology something which you know nothing about.

---

He quite definitely has not ‘proven’ that the planetary observations fit 588BCE, which is impossible. Furuli is neither an astronomer nor a historian, so he’s no more qualified than me for assessing the astronomical observations in VAT 4956, hence a fallacious argument from authority.

---

Furuli has discussed the planetary observations in great detail and has published his findings on their relevance to VAT 4956 and has found that "not completely correct, there are good reasons to believe that they represent backward calculations by an astrologer who believed that 568/7 was year 37 for Nebuchadnezzer". In short, put these in the bin!! Furuli is a Semitic scholar and has shown competence in the use of astro tables and software and has expert knowledge of the language of VAT 4956.

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jorden

While I wait for your reply on when do you say Rev 11:15 was/is fulfilled I wanted to incorporate this for the purpose of you addressing it in your reply.--

---

Rev 11;15 with the sounding of those seven trumpets got underway from 1922 with the Cedar Point, Ohio convention continuing on until 1928 with the Convention in Detroit, Michigan. The said scholar is still recovering from the shock waves emanating from those trumpet blasts and now at long last has put his ear muffs away..

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit