Scholar and Fisherman

by Jorden 207 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

Furuli has discussed the planetary observations in great detail and has published his findings on their relevance to VAT 4956 and has found that "not completely correct, there are good reasons to believe that they represent backward calculations by an astrologer who believed that 568/7 was year 37 for Nebuchadnezzer"

Not only is Furuli’s claim a dishonest attempt to disguise the fact that the lunar and planetary observations fit 568BCE, but this also contradicts ‘scholar’s’ previous claim that Furuli had shown that the planetary observations fit 588BCE. 🤦‍♂️

an astrologer who believed that 568/7 was year 37 for Nebuchadnezzer

Well isn’t that convenient? 😂 As it happens, the ‘astrologer’ (likely intended as ad hominem to discredit the source material) was right about 568BCE being Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year, as all the contemporaneous cuneiform records also attest.

The elaborate excuse invented by Furuli is complete nonsense.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

‘scholar’:

The said scholar loves those 'trumpet blasts'

🤦‍♂️ you sound like Smeagol.

• Alethia
    Alethia

You're living in Fantasy Land Scholar!

Anyone can link those trumpet blasts to anything they want. I've had seven of my own trumpet blasts today already 😂

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Not only is Furuli’s claim a dishonest attempt to disguise the fact that the lunar and planetary observations fit 568BCE, but this also contradicts ‘scholar’s’ previous claim that Furuli had shown that the planetary observations fit 588BCE

--

Not at all for Furuli is fully aware how scholars from the time of Neugebauer and Weidner in 1915 believed or assumed that Neb's 37 th year was 568 BC but with Furuli's research we can now take a fresh and new approach to the astro data contained in the tablet and see that it fits 588 BCE better. The said scholar's approach to the planetary data in relation to Furuli's findings is that such data are contrived to fit an assumed date 586 BCE and if it is shown that such a conclusion in respect of the other lunar data clearly proves 588 BCE then the planetary data in that lunar context can be used in support of 588 BCE

---

Well isn’t that convenient? 😂 As it happens, the ‘astrologer’ (likely intended as ad hominem to discredit the source material) was right about 568BCE being Nebuchadnezzar’s 37th year, as all the contemporaneous cuneiform records also attest.

--

It is not a matter of convenience for Furuli has clearly discussed the many aspects of the time and nature of the tablet and simply published his research which does not please WT critics. So sad, too bad.

--

The elaborate excuse invented by Furuli is complete nonsense--

--

It is only nonsense because VAT 4956 can now be re-interpreted in support of 607 BCE

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

🤦‍♂️

• scholar
    scholar

Alethia

You're living in Fantasy Land Scholar!

--

That is why scholar is happy now he is a happy scholar!

--

Anyone can link those trumpet blasts to anything they want. I've had seven of my own trumpet blasts today alread

---

Did not our dear sweet Lord say "Happy is the one who reads aloud and those hear the words of this prophecy and observe the things written in it for the appointed time is near" Rev. 1:3; cf. 22:6,7

scholar JW

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Poor Jeffro, for that is what happens when you do not believe in Noah's Ark and the Flood and the 'seven trumpets and the woes'.

scholar JW

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

JW’s entire purpose is supposed to be to provide convincing proof of their beliefs in order to save people from their angry deity. You (and Fisherman) have not provided any evidence for your beliefs at all, which according to JW doctrine makes you bloodguilty. So it’s not me you should be feeling sorry for. Luckily for you, it’s just a fantasy.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

JW’s entire purpose is supposed to be to provide convincing proof of their beliefs in order to save people from their angry deity. You (and Fisherman) have not provided any evidence for your beliefs at all, which according to JW doctrine makes you bloodguilty. So it’s not me you should be feeling sorry for. Luckily for you, it’s just a fantasy--

--

Everything is a fantasy to you so why are you here expending much energy in trying to refute or disprove WT doctrine and theology?

scholar JW

• Vidqun
    Vidqun

The following explains the discrepancy in Daniel and Josephus. Daniel, for example, would have known Jerusalem was never desolate for 70 years. Josephus, on the other hand, would have followed the redactor of the book of Daniel, which turns out to be an error in transmission.

Devastations vs. reproach. In the OG we have ὀνειδισμός, meaning “reproach” (singular). See NETS. This is viewed as an error in transmission: Jer. 25:9 καὶ εἰς ὀνειδισμόν and (I turn them) into a disgrace ולחרפות is read for MT ולחרבת and (I will turn them) into desolations. However, as seen, Dan. 9:2 is not drawn from Jer. 29:10, but Jer. 25:9-12. Here it means “reproach, disgrace, insult” (cf. Jer. 18:16; 19:8; Ezek. 5:13, 14). Specifically Jer. 25:9וְלִשְׁרֵקָ֔ה וּלְחָרְב֖וֹת עוֹלָֽם , “and something to whistle at and places devastated to time indefinite.” LXX καὶ εἰς ὀνειδισμόν, ולחֶרְפַּת. See BHS footnote. KBLex, in accordance with the textcritical note suggests an emendation to לְחֶרְפַּת (“as a disgrace”). See J. Lust, E. Eynikel & K. Hauspie (2003). A Greek-English Lexicon of the Septuagint: Revised Edition. Deutsche Bibelgesellschaft: Stuttgart. According to secular chronology, Jerusalem did not lie desolate for seventy years, but her reproach and humiliation could have started with Jehoiakim’s three year servitude, completing Jeremiah’s seventy year cycle (2 Kings 24:1, 2; cf. Is. 25:9, 11). See also Dan. 9:16, To become an object of reproach.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit