Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• princecharmant
    princecharmant

Rationalize? In your question lies the paradox. Tony is human. That's it. And in the end, all he did was buy "expensive" alcohol, given his estate. Did he fail by his own standards? Perhaps, perhaps not. His standards have been proven to shift according to circumstances.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

Dubstep

I can see you have taken offence sir. I am sorry you have, and I, unlike you, do not receive some joy out of thinking you did.

now you're offended and it's funny.”

I merely expressed a counter opinion and welcomed a justification from those who held the opinion that I found incorrect.

I did not wave a finger at you or anyone. You, however compared yourself to me, that is certainly waving a finger. You immediately sought to elevate yourself personally. And that is a finger waving put down.

But I do not find joy in your upset. I encourage you to find joy in other that the perception of other’s upset.

And by the way, I am not upset. I can’t be, this board is anonymous.

PS Tony sucks

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Anthony Morris's behavior is analogous to other JWS elders/Co's who drive around in luxury automobiles, wear the most expensive suits and have bars set up in their homes.

I myself was subsequently stumbled by an elder who once gave a Sunday talk on the immorality of materialism and the endeavoring strive for money.

Saying it was problematic and dangerous to ones own spiritual strength.

I notice after he stepped down from the podium he was wearing a very expensive silk suit.

Then after the meeting I followed him out to his car, it was a shiny brand new black Cadillac.

He even let me sit in it for awhile .

I was left with what to me was abject hypocrisy.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

I’m glad he was caught on camera and this was plastered on the internet. There is need for sensationalism, it’s exactly what it looks like.

His scam is run off donations and government tax exemptions and its policies and procedures have been extremely harmful, especially in regards to child abuse. He’s haughty and has a history of vile speech, he gloats about his position and perceived authority.

Trying to make him out as a corporate executive doing something entirely normal is just as silly as anything I’ve read on here.

I don’t feel sorry this man, especially while he’s drinking better than most.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

I wonder if he is going to be removed as a GB now? The Watchtower will have to try to save face.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

2+2

You write better than me.

• jeffdavis
    jeffdavis

At the very best its hypocritical. Tony tight pants regularly tells cult members that they should not look to having a nice home or car but put their time and money to work by giving it to the society or spending it on preaching. If I as a cult member am supposed to work a job shoveling potatoes so I can pioneer and not buy expensive foods or cloths so I can keep doing the work, how much more should the asshat who says I should do this not indulge in top shelf expensive whiskey or wine or drive a Cadillac. Is not Jim and Tammy Baker guilty of the same crap? By their fruits you shall know them. What they want is to live the high life at the expense of the proletariat or working class.

Tony TP tells the rank and file they will die if they don't go out in service more than once a week or that Higher education is not something a JW needs or looks to. Nor a good job or making money having a good life as the same time he flies around the world giving Zone talks on the working class's dime, and drives a new Caddy, and drinks 100 bucks a bottle scotch. If anyone does not see how shitty this is you need to put your suit back on and sit in the front row of the Kingdom hall and gulp down the kool aid.

• UnshackleTheChains
  • MeanMrMustard
    MeanMrMustard

Is this really such a scandal? I finally got around to watching the video. When I was active there were never any restrictions on alcohol consumption, except for excessive drinking or drunkenness.

Seems like a reasonable decision to go to NJ to buy the scotch since it costs less, taxes aren’t quite as high, gas is cheaper, and NY liquor stores don’t open until noon on Sundays. Makes sense to me that he might just take a trip and buy a shirt ton of it to last for the next year or two.

• jeffdavis
    jeffdavis

MM if you buy that shit I have a bridge in Brooklyn to sell you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit