Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

Baalamsass,

Thanks for posting that link. Whoda thought JWs mishandling of child sexual abuse would make its way into Rolling Stone Mag!!!

Well worth a look.

Remember the old saw: Any kind of publicity is fine- Just spell my name right. :)

• cofty
    cofty
    Do you know of anyone that has been disfellowshipped for purchasing 8 bottles of Scotch... If not, how is it hypocrisy? - Simon

Something doesn't need to be a disfellowshipping offense for it to be hypocrisy. What if a GB member sent their children to University and encouraged them to pursue a career in medicine? What if they bought a Rolls Royce? What if they only did 1 hour a month door-to-door and refused to submit to the public humiliation of of standing beside a trolley?

Any average JW might do all of these things and avoid being DFd. They might even be viewed as a JW in good standing. But for one of the law-givers of 8 million JWs to do these things is rank hypocrisy. So is spending 800 dollars on whisky.

'For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required' - Luke 12:48

• scruffmcbuff
    scruffmcbuff

Im guessing GB members get a touch more pocket money then your average bethellite!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

No one seems to be discussing that Morris reputedly comes from an extremely wealthy family (tobacco merchants, talking billions of dollars) and has alluded to this on occasion. As I understand it the bethel vow of poverty restricts income but doesn’t necessarily renounce wealth. So isn’t it possible that Morris is a multi millionaire?

• Sea Breeze
    Sea Breeze
    Morris reputedly comes from an extremely wealthy family (tobacco merchants)

Probably explains why he didn't pick up a few cigars along with the Scotch.....has a private stash.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

1 Timothy 3:1-2 - This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work. A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach; Not given to wine, ......

I think it stands to reason that Tony, as one of the bishops of our souls, is in a position to be examined as to his qualifications to fill his current office. Wisdom dictates that such a one should refrain from all appearances of evil or be subject to scrutiny otherwise. The rank and file are at least entitled to an explanation.

My take is that he was hiding his purchase, because he knew it could stumble the flock if discovered. He was just buying his annual supply of booze and did not want to be seen doing it for obvious reasons.

• sir82
    sir82

Morris reputedly comes from an extremely wealthy family

Seems pretty unlikely he would have allowed himself to be drafted & serve in Vietnam if he had wealthy parents.There were lots of ways around that if you had the resources.

I have not seen any evidence that he has wealthy relatives or is related to the tobacco family. "Morris" is a pretty common name in the US.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Well I can’t remember where I read it now. Or if I saw him mention wealthy family in one of his talks. I guess if it was general knowledge then others would have mentioned it. I was hoping my mentioning it again would prompt someone to supply the details.

But not all wealthy or privileged people avoided Vietnam: John McCain and John Kerry for example.

In his life story Morris described himself as “patriotic” which I thought was an interesting choice of word even at this remove.

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/w20150515/remembering-first-love-for-jehovah/

• Annon
    Annon

If someone spending $1000 dollars on booze and at the same time being responsible for videos asking little kids to give their ice cream money to the "org" isn't hypocrisy then I do not know what is.

• lastmanstanding
    lastmanstanding

The point is this.

Jesus said,

1“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

So, how does Fat Tony measure others? If the tables were turned...

I put more weight on the words of those who’s necks are under Fat Tony’s foot.

A question for those who defend Fat Tony.

Nothing wrong with a little booze?

Is there anything wrong with posting here on JWD?

Jehovah's Witnesses demand identity of online critic
    Read more at
    https://www.wnd.com/2019/03/jehovahs-witnesses-demand-identity-of-online-critic/#f5GQMCEHZRQjeXCS.99

...and what would Fat Tony have done to you if he knew you posted here?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit