Tony Morris video footage of him buying a dozen bottles of scotch

by UnshackleTheChains 519 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Simon
    Simon

Those claiming "hypocrisy" (that's all they can claim) please answer this:

Do you know of anyone that has been disfellowshipped for purchasing 8 bottles of Scotch?

If not, how is it hypocrisy?

If so, please provide detail of what they were really disfellowshipped for - because it's not a DF offence.

• wozza
    wozza

Tony Morris governing body member seems to have become fair game for some on here ,and some may seem to have given unbalanced and presumptuous comments about the video.

But making fun of authority figures has always been fair sport ,I remember as a young man reading old copies of "PUNCH" magazine at the library and laughing my arse off.

Though ,getting back to the video I try to put myself in that liquor store then ,and I imagine if that was me years ago as a JW and and If an Elder I knew saw me buying that much booze at once ,I have to ask what would I expect that elder would say to me either then or later with another elder as witness?

I reckon I would have been carefully scrutinized with seriousness or a half joking manner to find out WHY HAVE YOU BOUGHT SUCH A QUANTITY OF LIQUOR and WHY IS IT ALL THE SAME BRAND ?

And, I THOUGHT YOUR BUDGET WAS PRETTY TIGHT AT THE MOMENT ? These are normal questions we often got as JW's as they pried into our personal lives!

Also I'm thinking if I witnessed the scene in the liquor store ,what if , I approached the lady serving the governing body member afterwards and said " Do you know who that was ? It is one of 7 men of Jehovahs Witness governing body ,equivalent to a Pope of the Catholics that just bought all that liquor ? I wonder what she would think?

It makes a bit of sense for Mr Morris to wear a coat and eye shadowing hat ,and also to drive an older car ,not a new limo. This makes sense to me as , despite what he thinks of himself he is after all just man with a girth that precedes himself.

• 2+2=5
    2+2=5

His clothing is irrelevant, I couldn’t really give a shit what he wears, fact is he’s actually dressed to code, neat and tidy.

No laws were broken.

Are we allowed to possess an inverted liquor bottle dispenser? Can men take half a Ute full of beer for a planned week long camping trip? Can one collect alcohol bottles and have them on display in their own house?

Yes.. except in the totalitarian world this guy invented, in each of theses scenarios I’ve seen either qualified men lose their appointments, or others like myself put on restrictions.

Who does AM3 answer to? This is what pisses everyone off.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

I said IF ATMIII has a drinking problem.... I didn't say he DOES have a drinking problem.

This man along with his fellow members of the GB are in a unique position of making or changing Watchtower policy. I am pointing out that WT policies should be carried out evenly between the RandF and the highest ranking Overseer.

If elderly widowed faithful sisters can be DFed and shunned until their death no matter how sorry they are for drinking too much, then so should ANYONE, including but not limited to, AMIII.

• 3rdgen
    3rdgen

2+2, EXACTLY my point.

• atomant
    atomant

For me at this point in time the entire ordeal looks very suspect.

• Tameria2001
    Tameria2001

For those who don't see a problem with TM purchasing that quantity of alcohol, or alcohol in general. One must remember that those who are leaders of a group are held to a much higher standard than those they lead, especially when they preach against the dangers of what they caught at doing. TM claims to be of the anointed, and he will come back as a spirit being to kill off people at Armageddon, yet, on the other hand, is preaching about things people do what will cause them to miss out during the big A, and alcoholism being part of it. How many people have gotten disfellowshipped, and their lives ruined for this very offense? I can actually see lawsuits started because of this unless the Watchtower decides to throw TM under the proverbial bus.

• JW GoneBad
    JW GoneBad

May I ask a question?

For arguments sake...let's just say this turns out to be a big misunderstanding. Let's say Toxic Tony has a twin brother who is not a Jehovah's Witness and who does indeed have a drinking problem and it was him (Toxic Tony's brother) in that liquor store.

Here's my question:

Can we not all agree that it is still relevant to say Tony Morris is toxic?🤣

• Balaamsass2
    Balaamsass2

GB Sidlick was my table head at Bethel. One morning he gave me a ration of #!#! for missing breakfast "worship" and taking a day off to eat at a local sidewalk cafe and read the paper like a normal New Yorker. Every good JW, Elder, Bethelite, and especially GBs are expected to be dutifully engaged in Service or Meeting Sunday mornings. "Top shelf Tony" is a publicity whore and I'm glad he got outed. But perhaps he is happy about it because Watchtower GB MADE the "Rolling Stone" this March for the first time!!!!!!!

1973: Is Tony is simply whistling Dr Hook now?

"Top shelf Tony" yearned for the spotlight now he has it. Maybe he has this 73' Dr Hook song in the back of his head: We got golden fingers

"And we're loved everywhere we go (that sounds like us)
    We sing about beauty and we sing about truth
    At ten-thousand dollars a show (right)
    We take all kinds of pills that give us all kind of thrills
    But the thrill we've never known
    Is the thrill that'll gitcha when you get your picture
    On the cover of the Rollin' Stone
    want to see my picture on the cover
    (Stone)Wanna buy five copies for my mother (yes)
    (Stone)Wanna see my smilin' face
    On the cover of the Rollin' Stone (that's a very very good idea)
    I got a freaky ole lady name a cocaine Katy
    Who embroideries on my jeans
    I got my poor ole grey haired daddy
    Drivin' my limousine
    Now it's all designed to blow our minds
    But our minds won't really be blown
    Like the blow that'll gitcha when you get your picture
    want to see our pictures on the cover
    (Stone) want to buy five copies for our mothers (yeah)
    (Stone) want to see my smilin' face
    (talking) Hey, I know how
    Rock and roll
    Ah, that's beautiful
    We got a lot of little teenage blue eyed groupies
    Who do anything we say........" :) https://www.rollingstone.com/culture/culture-news/jehovahs-witnesses-child-sexual-abuse-811927/

• Peter Fitz
    Peter Fitz

Tony Morris is a narcissist. When he told about his story in Vietnam about burnt bodies and the smell of cooked flesh, you know something is wrong with the man. No one shares those stories to people especially kids. Hope he has a hang over and spews his guts up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit